Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Plastic Grill removal - wiper repair.

isdyl

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi, I'm about to change my wiper mechanism (100 series 1998 4.2) because one of the spindles/bushes has worn out. I've got the mechanism from Milner. I've found out basically how to do it from reading posts and a couple of videos I came across, but I can't see how to remove this plastic grill at the bottom of the windscreen. Are there some hidden screws somewhere please? Any pointers would be much appreciated! Dylan

Attachments

• Plastic grill.jpg
    Plastic grill.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 28
Thanks very much - I'll have another look at it this weekend. Regards, Dylan

Great - it's almost done. Just need to get some new bolts tomorrow as half of them sheared when I removed them. It was hilariously simple actually as I was expecting this to be tricky after trying to repair an old Mercedes - they seem to build the car around the wiper linkage! The hardest part was removing that plastic grill - and you only need to remove one side not both. If you pull off the rubber seal first the grill can be popped off the retaining clips. I think these clips will be easily removed without damage using long nose pliers now the seal and grill are out the way.
IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

Back