Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power hubs to manual

Rodger

A friend down here in Spain has a 1990 LJ77 2.4L with power hubs that keep giving problems so he wants to change to AVM 521s (30 spline). He's about 100 miles from me and I can't view it currently. He says that he cant get the spline out far enough to get the circlip on (even using a bolt to pull it). Does he need some sort of conversion kit or to remove the brass ring for the now-redundant electrics?

Thanks

Regards,

I found the answer.
With the power hub removed - remove the 3 torqs and withdraw the powerhub ring - use big washer in bearing rebuild kits as a spacer/retainer - attached circlip; attach new manual hubs.
I knew you really wanted to know!

A friend down here in Spain has a 1990 LJ77 2.4L with power hubs that keep giving problems so he wants to change to AVM 521s (30 spline).

Hey Rodger, could you tell me what a AVM 521s is? And where I could find one in Belgium?

Thanks.

Hi Vins,

AVMs are a manual after market hub. I have no experience of them but they get chosen because they are cheaper than Aisins (? spelling). Euro 4x4 stock them with fitting kits. They also stock other makes
If you go to AVM's own website they have a model table that tells you the model number for your model dictated by number of splines.
Having no experience of them I don't know how reliable they are but some people on i8mud.com seem to rate them. I guess I'll have an idea after my mate has used them for a period of time.

hope that helps.

Regards,

I have avm's on my 80 had them for about a year now and have had no troubles with them. Although they have been modified by marks adapters as part of their part time 4wd kit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back