Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado mpg on a long run.

I used to multiply miles recorded on car by 1.06 when those bigger tyres on cwc as it underreads by 6%.
Speedo spot on though.
So you likely got 23.3 mpg

My average over 5yrs was 22mpg

But long run at 60mph i have got 25-27mpg
Above 70mph it was greedier

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yeah I currently have a mt's fitted and it's quite noticeable in mpg difference, but when the ground starts getting harder and we head into spring I'll put some AT tires on...just means finding some alloys/steel rims too

I say that, because at 41 mph, the overdrive kicks in, and revs take a substantial drop.
Gra

My O/D doesn't come in till 50 mph?

Mine does about 21 round town and 25 on a run at a steady 70.

I don't care how much fuel mine uses though cos I make my own - 20p a litre :dance:

My O/D doesn't come in till 50 mph?

Mine does about 21 round town and 25 on a run at a steady 70.

I don't care how much fuel mine uses though cos I make my own - 20p a litre :dance:

Hi,

The cruise control is set to be available from 40km/h
The o/d is set to be available from 60km/h
You will only get o/d in on very light throttle.

Get yea big boots off !!! ;)

This is for automatic.

Gra

Hi,

The cruise control is set to be available from 40km/h
The o/d is set to be available from 60km/h
You will only get o/d in on very light throttle.

Get yea big boots off !!! ;)

This is for automatic.

Gra

With the lightest throttle mine doesn't come in until 50mph, most of the time 55-60mph. I have got slightly larger tyres though than standard and my speedo is now spot on, could be why? Maybe it's programmed differently for the cruise?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't count the mpg! But it's not great I must be getting just over 20mpg, soon my mud tires will come off and my all terains will be fitted once the ground starts getting firmer! so hopefully I get some more mpg....And I average 240mile a week :) :) :)

hmmmmmm all these big numbers are messing with my head. 18mpg no matter how I drive it. Fast, slow, round town, motorway, towing a car trailer with a broken down landy on it (I know rust doesn't weigh much. lol.) No matter what I do thats about the best I get. However. in the past I have put standard road tyres on, winch, sliders etc. all off, storage boxes out etc.etc.etc and returned close to 35 town driving.

Back