Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Problem with morning start with Landcruiser 120 Prado 30 d4d 2004 diesel

petcy

Country Flag
cyprus
Hello everybody, Hope everything is fine !! We have a problem with above model car( its for my cousin ) , its difficult to start in the morning But after that all day is perfect,I read many posts and I dont know where is the real problem for that , we took it to few mechanics and they found nothing wrong!!! Dont know what part need to replace anymore!!
Any advice and Help will be appreciate . Thanks

Does the engine ever cut out (stall) at all

No everything is perfect Just at the morning start take longer to start and im afraid that I will brake starter or one day will not start.....

Last edited:
Welcome petcy . Glow plugs are the first thing to spring to mind, but there could be other factors, which is why Tony is asking that question. The more info the better, rather than my "guestimate".

Thanks Tractionman for the reply, The trurth is that we checked many parts except Glow Plugs But here in Cyprus the weather is very hot is ever day 30-40 degrees celsius, its the next check that we will do , But you think if the weather is hot might be a reason of the glow plugs that car dont start fast ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats a shame if you lived in Larnaca you could have passed by for me to look at a few things to check , I have the same model Landcruiser . but simple things to check is the MAP FILTER as well as the MAP SENSOR , but not so simple things to check by just looking at the engine running it could also be the SCV valve , or heavy clogging of the EGR valve and inlet manifold entry .

thank you very much Tony !!! I appreciate , I will take it to mechanic and if I dont get any solution I might come visit you to have a look , with my cousin!! Thanks again!

No problem , the Map sensor reading at sea level should give a reading of around 100 when the engine is ticking over with a scan gauge or Toyota tecstream datareader , if the reading is more than minus 15% out the Map sensor is bad or the Map sensor filter is blocked or cracked due to blockage , or the area in around the EGR valve that feeds the pipe to the Map filter is blocked , I am suspecting a Map sensor or Map filter or blockage to the Map filter from inside the EGR area that feeds the pressure is the problem . Pass this information to your mechanic to help him in his search for the diagnosis of the problem .

Before you try starting first time, pump the fuel filter plunger a few times until it goes solid, it should be solid anyway proving the filter is full.
If it starts ok when you do this, fuel is somehow running back or air is getting in.

Sounds like one of your injectors is knackered. You need to do a leak off test to see which one is misbehaving.

Back