Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Puma 12v compressors

grantw

Supporter
Came across these puma 12v compressors on ih8mud and found the below selling the compressor itself (no tank) for £163. This seems cheap to me for the performance? Not sure how it compares to what Chris(?) has with the twin setup in performance or value .. but certainly thought it was worth posting here!

"this compressor will put out 3.4 cfm at 40 psi and 3 cfm at 90 psi"

http://www.aerohydraulics.com/p-professional-450134.aspx

Not heard of them. Is that price with VAT? I can't see as you have to go right through the check out process.

We saw a twin pump at the off road show the other week. Looked smart, like two VIAIRs siamesed in line. Only cost £90 and the figures looked good too. No I didn't take note as I don't need one. The figures on this one you are looking at seem quite good. I wonder what the no load output is?

Chris

Not heard of them. Is that price with VAT? I can't see as you have to go right through the check out process.

We saw a twin pump at the off road show the other week. Looked smart, like two VIAIRs siamesed in line. Only cost £90 and the figures looked good too. No I didn't take note as I don't need one. The figures on this one you are looking at seem quite good. I wonder what the no load output is?

Chris
:text-threadjacked:
Sorry thread Jack... Chris, l'm running a twin Viair (450's) set up , copied from yours I saw at Lincomb. Fills the air tank in super quick time, but the current draw is 40amps . Had to use 25sq cable and tractor fuses to get the pumps to stop burning the wires out. Do you have same problem on your set up, or have you found some other solution?

The T-Max adventurer cost about £90 and is 160lpm (about 5 cfm). Pumps a 4x4 tyre in in double quick time but does require hefty wiring (I think its 45A running)

Couldn't find the cfm on the Puma with no pressure.

The T-Max does look much better value given the details though!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just noticing the big difference between these is the duty cycle. The Puma is 100% Vair 440P is 33%

The Viair 450 is the 100% duty cycle.

Thanks Olazz.

The price above is without VAT ... so total price is:

ub-Total:£167.91
Shipping:£5.80
Tax:£34.74
Total:£208.45

And you'll probably get stung import taxes on top of that....

OG, that one is a UK company so the tax is already included.

It does seem like it could be a good option (though not cheap really) even if it's running with out a tank.

I think you're talking yourself into spending more money and taking up more space in your truck than you really need to with one of those :icon-wink:

Have to agree. How often do you need to run a compressor continuously? Do you really need 100% duty cycle? A cheaper option may be to use a compressor from an air suspended vehicle like a Range Rover/ Audi A8 etc. Might require a bit more thought but it will also be a lot quieter.

haha you guys are probably right. I do quite like the idea of having a higher duty higher flow compressor to run air tools. But I don't have much experience in this so I don't really know what is required compressor wise. Air tools seem to be much smaller & cheaper compared to their electric counterparts too.

if you mean saws, grinders, drills etc they take a lot of air to do anything useful, more than that Puma will supply and you'll need a big tank to get any meaningful run time, so you'll end up committing a lot of space and money ... better off with electric tools of some sort imo if you just have to have them :shifty:

I have the T-Max Adventurer and 'am very happy with it :icon-biggrin:

It is continuously rated for 30min :icon-biggrin:

Here is a link to my thread about it http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...dventurer-air-compressor?highlight=compressor

PA040655.jpg

PA180677.jpg

PB140064.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

Despite my jokes about its size I think that T-Max is great

I've just been on the phone to Inside out 4x4 and they will be stocking a 110 lpm T Max about £85, at the end of March, I've got one on order. :dance:

I've just been on the phone to Inside out 4x4 and they will be stocking a 110 lpm T Max about £85, at the end of March, I've got one on order. :dance:
thats the smaller Taipan compressor offered by T Max, not to be confused with the Adventurer. You should be able to pick up one of those for under £60!!!

Back