Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

pump

24carrot

hi just seen this on my pump is it meant to be connected to some thing if so what wear
65f0b7519d9fbf4301e51282c1a22889.jpg
7829937e38b477c826d44bb7d09e53e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Without going out to mine it looks like the idle up for the AC?

regards

Dave

I think that is supposed to be connected to the flux capacitor.....

Meant to add, vacuum is applied to the module diaphragm and pulls the rod in, this contacts the throttle assembly and increases the revolutions to counter the load from the AC.

regards

Dave

can some one post a picture of it as it's ment to be

Not the best photo but it looks like you may have a linkage missing on the pump.

DSC_6035.JPG

The actuator retracts the plunger and pulls back on the tab on the linkage opening the throttle slightly. Mine has 2 diaphragm actuators in tandem for AC and PS operating the same plunger.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok thanks is yours a 12 v or a 24 v? and has any got a brake down of this

Mine is a late 24v. Was just about to look on the EPC for an exploded diagram but the laptop crashed, think it's a Cat C this time.

Ok may be should have sed mine is a hj81 1993 12v

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Don't think it makes that much difference, the basic principle is the same on either version. From what I can make out in your photo the actuator rod appears to be hanging in mid air with nothing to push against. That's what makes me think there's a linkage missing. Either that or the linkages and actuator have been assembled incorrectly. Has the pump been of for repair or maintenance?

Not since I had it .but I have not looked at it before so it mite have been like this for some time

Hard to tell off the photo Andy. Over time people take bits off that fail like the cold start device and all the gubbins. People swap parts around for eg if the fuel pump packed up and you bought an auto pump then just fit it as it was when you got it bits could be extra or missing.

Ill have to have a look on some of the trucks I've got.

Hard to tell off the photo Andy. Over time people take bits off that fail like the cold start device and all the gubbins. People swap parts around for eg if the fuel pump packed up and you bought an auto pump then just fit it as it was when you got it bits could be extra or missing.

Ill have to have a look on some of the trucks I've got.
Ok thanks

should it not just be the way it is in the first picture and pull against the linkage to increase the throttle a little when it isnt activated it shouldn't be touching anything on the 24 valve it the idle up works for the ac and power steering but im nut sure what makes it operate on a 12 valve it will tell you in the manual and it is easy to adjust

thanks for that. but this is not what mine looks like here is some more pics
fe20878950b43b1a12e7344980c48e37.jpg
0d40ee197e54daa39408aabd18d42193.jpg

Looks like you have a type A linkage with a type B actuator. Mine is a type B and the adjustment is done on the back of the actuator instead of the linkage. From the diagram it looks like the type A actuator rod is fixed to the linkage whereas the type B is free floating, as in the photo of mine, and pushes against a tab on the linkage which isn't there on yours.

Thanks has any one got a pic of one complete so i can work out what missing

Thanks yes I think thats it.now i just have to see if i can get that bit

Back