Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick question reguarding injector seals

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Any one fitted these are they just a pull out, push in affair?

20180123_203815.jpg

I've done a few sets of 80 injectors and I have to confess I've never seen that part. It's certainly not the actual seal as such. That's very different. It looks like a sort of boot.

Is there a part number Lexie? I'm curious now.

These are the injector seals for the 1HD-FT...

IMG_0339.jpg

No idea what those are in the OP.

They are the seals where the injector pipe goes into the rocker cover on a 24v .....yes they just push out and put a little Vaseline on the outer edge of the new ones and they push in again

Ahh a subtle upgrade on the 12v then. I guess it keeps the cr@p out. Unlike the 12v.

Yes cause on a 24V the injectors are under the rocker cover , not sure it's an upgrade because if you have a leak off pipe or injector pipe leaking it fills the sump up with fuel as you drive .Also a "quick" injector swap is out of the question.
One reason why I would never use anything but OE seals etc in that area on a 24V

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any one fitted these are they just a pull out, push in affair?

View attachment 139467

Hi, resurrecting an old thread. Lexie, can you confirm the part number for those injector pipe seals? Is it 23681-17010.
My guys did some head work and had the pump and injectors serviced and these seals have gone missing.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
I have a set sat on my desk spare after having injectors and pump rebuilt. same as Steve.

23681-17010 - Seal, Nozzle Holder

They are similar to the Y22 Nissan engine. And internal injectors on any engine is a good reason the dipstick should be checked regularly. The injector seals can fail and diesel gets into the sump, and the (diluted) oil level in the sump rises. Failure to check can lead to serious engine damage, more often than not by self detonation. just for clarity those particular seals bridge the gap between rocker cover and injector.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Sorted, thanks. Don't like the idea that the sump can fill with diesel, what was Mr Toyota thinking? Maybe to keep the fuel warm?

Back