Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ready for the road...

Now thats my type of driving, and if you keep that up you will be in Siberia in no time ;)

That's some driving!

Ecky Thump said:
ripped gaiter on tommos motor.
Sorry, but what is that? :oops: pesky electrical thing ( :mrgreen: ) or something less important?

HI all

We are satin in a pub on top of a romanian moun
tain drinking beer and outside it is snowing heavily...

Both vehicles are eating up the miles with no problems at all. Tomorrow we leave the tarmac and start the off road bit, can't wait.

All the pesky electrics in the 90 are still working and incredibly even the IFS hasn't broken off yet, but none of us can figure out why?! Perhaps the 80 owners could explain...

After 1500 miles mpgs are approximately 24-26mpg for the 80 and 26-27mpg in the 90.
Anyway, more beer.

Good to hear you guys are making good progress! Where are the pics??

Ecky Thump said:
All the pesky electrics in the 90 are still working and incredibly even the IFS hasn't broken off yet, but none of us can figure out why?! Perhaps the 80 owners could explain...
Couldn't resist responding - maybe it's because you've only been on tar so far :idea:
:lol:

Fingers crossed everything stays together, which I am sure it will! Off-road in the snow sounds like a lot of fun - very envious. Anyway suffering in the 22 degree sunshine here in blighty has been tough :mrgreen:

Now near draculas castle in the weirdest guest house ever with Union Jacks on the front drinking with a romanian builder who works in london. He is also an off roading fan.
Trucks going well after a full day of nothing but mud in the Fargarashan Mountains, very good routes and hitting the high pass tomorrow as had to turn back today as closed because of snow. Managed to get way above 1000m though.

Pics pics pics!! :twisted:

Sounds awesome fellas, you must be having a great time

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jimbo4x4 said:
Pics pics pics!! :twisted:

Sounds awesome fellas, you must be having a great time

ya, what Jim said. I suspect you guys are still at the local in Southampton....

:banana-gotpics:

Oh believe me, there are so many pics and hours of video you'll be telling us to stop posting them when we get back,

On way to Romania

SAM_1936.jpg

Only one pic, Paul, you're just teasing us. More :banana-gotpics: please!

Sorry but getting on the tinternet is a little tricky as we have a packed schedule, off to Ukrainian border tomorrow. So fingers crossed for the crossing, currently in Brasov in a truck stop as only secure place we could find.

Paul said:
currently in Brasov in a truck stop as only secure place we could find.

...because Tommo strikes me as someone who is scared of the dark.... :? :lol:

Tommos is secretly scared of his own shadow..............Not;-)

In the ibis at Constanta now, thought about camping but spotted an Irish bar in the centre. Guinness here we come:-D

May have to sell the 80 and get a 120 after the mile munching comfort of Tommos 90. Off road she has perfect manners, just as good, if not better than my beast.

Settle down Les - it can't be that good... You've obviously sustained a whack on the melon in it at some stage!!! :lol:

Ecky Thump said:
May have to sell the 80 and get a 120 just as good, if not better than my beast.
Les, go wash your mouth out with soap and water, that's sacrilege! :o

Actually Les, now you mention it ....

I wont comment on the 120 and the 80. :violin:

G.

Well folks, we decided against crossing Moldova so this morning we are in Siret ready to cross into the Ukraine. We have stayed here http://www.pensiuneadowntown.ro

I doubt the D4D versus straight six debate will ever be solved but I have to say, Tommos motor is perfect for what we are doing and I have no doubt my motor would have done the job perfectly too.

All I can say is, I am glad I am no longer driving Landrovers.

Ecky Thump said:
Well folks, we decided against crossing Moldova so this morning we are in Siret ready to cross into the Ukraine.

Hey Les, can you clarify why? Planning something similar for summer

Back