Real Time Help needed - Tailgate won't open

Brett

I am in uk
Mar 10, 2010
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Hey,

has anyone got any tips how I can open my tailgate (top), as of this afternoon it will not open, I can hear the actuator locking /unlocking but the tailgate handle has no effect.

I'm guessing a linkage has probably undone or snapped?

Graham Stirling

Mar 8, 2010
Caputh, Perthshire
If it's anything like mine was it's starting to seize with rust, probably due to all the salt this winter. I used plenty of WD40 and kept working the handle untill it eventually opened.

Once you have it open, take off the inspection panel and give everything a good clean and grease.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Brett

I am in uk
Mar 10, 2010
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Graham Stirling said:
If it's anything like mine was it's starting to seize with rust, probably due to all the salt this winter. I used plenty of WD40 and kept working the handle untill it eventually opened.

Once you have it open, take off the inspection panel and give everything a good clean and grease.
I'm actually having a new tailgate painted at the moment (although they're taking their time with it :roll: ) but you're probably right, the lock is surrounded with rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks