Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Watching with passing interest. The MOT history has only picky things but not one mention of body/chassis corrosion. Could be a good bet as a basis for being tidied up and upgraded a bit.
Difficult to know if its got aircon or not.

Yeh had a look at MOT History, And it 'aint' bad.....Nice early 12v project for someone

Now we're talking. You'd be buying reliability there. I reckon £10K would buy it though. Looks decent oil pressure with a warm engine.

That was listed for a lot less by a private seller in Essex for weeks on one of the less frequented sites (can't remember which one). Bit surprised that it's gone to a trader in Bradford.

I'm not Jacob, those lads ( who I know most of) watch everything like hawks, its how they make a living. They seem to find stuff from nowhere. If they get it they get it but most of the time prices achieved are about what we'd expect.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What's the strange box thing in the passenger footwell against the trans tunnel ?

First aid kit Thingy, I think.....But your right Andy. Cracking Truck :thumbup:

It's funny. About 30 years ago, when I was on the dole, skint and rattling round in my crappy old Series IIA Land Rover I used to cast covetous eyes on the 80 Series Land Cruiser's and think "In a few years time, I'll have more money and these will be able to be picked up cheap and I'll get myself one." Fast forward to today and I'm still terminally skint and the 80 Series are just as much out of reach as ever.

Mind you, the way some older vehicles are fetching stupid prices these days, that old Series IIA Land Rover of mine would probably be out of my price range these days too. I think I paid about £250 for it at the time.

I expect bidded up so far.

Although at the mileage a dealer will prob tart it up and try it at 20

Last edited:
TBF bidding up at this level is a dangerous game. If it fails and has to be auctioned again everyone who was interested knows. A one family owned truck isn't usually hiding anything.
Again, 80's seem to be the " must have" 4x4 at the mo and theres always someone wanting one on the FB forums, so I don't know if these prices are realistic or not.

There are some really nice condition 80s up for sale for round about the same as this one, And they are not selling... So why the interest in this old Bruiser, Maybe some bidding up like you say....Good luck to 'em'

Looks like their parking sensors only made the crunch sound!
@Higgy I have a mate who goes to all the plant auctions, he tells me that non runners and piles of scrap are making almost as much as good quality plant, and everything is way over what the price they should be. Even starting prices on we buy any piece of shit are steadily climbing, my Touareg went up 3.5k from Jan to June!

Back