Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Can picture the scene in Andy's house......
Lap top by bed..."Morning Higgy" already typed ....alarm goes off...arm reaches out and hits the post reply button ....all without leaving his snug pit .... ;-)

Back to 80 series, what about this:-

Plenty of dosh, we'll see if it flies off the shelf.

Might swing round sometime, see what they are all about. They are just over an hour away.

Their terms of business are a bit blunt to say the least.

Might swing round sometime, see what they are all

That's Valley 4x4 in Mirfield, isn't it? They advertise a lot of cruisers on eBay, often for very reasonable prices and they're nearly always supposedly in uncommonly great condition.

When I still lived in MCR, I was minded to swing by myself, when I was looking for mine. But an internet search brought up some horror stories from people who claimed they had been sold dodgy motors by them*. So you might want to save yourself a journey.

*[That's if it was the same company. They seem to operate under a variety of names. Either that or Mirfield has an amazingly high density of 4x4 dealers!]

EDIT: Here's one of the links I found. Presume is the same company:
Luddenden Valley 4x4 and Van sales - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Last edited:
Back to 80 series, what about this:-

Plenty of dosh, we'll see if it flies off the shelf.

Might swing round sometime, see what they are all about. They are just over an hour away.

Their terms of business are a bit blunt to say the least.

Thatlooks nice enough up top with IC as well but top money. When I was after a Suzuki SJ back in the early 90's I went to look at one at a 4x4 garage in Mirfield. Can't remember what it was called but chances are it's the same place.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thatlooks nice enough up top with IC as well but top money. When I was after a Suzuki SJ back in the early 90's I went to look at one at a 4x4 garage in Mirfield. Can't remember what it was called but chances are it's the same place.

Chequered Flag?

Compare it to all the Land Rovers that are on ebay at the moment For Double the price of That low mileage 80.... And i know which one id have. Not saying i would pay 20 grand for an 80 because i wouldn't ....But compare the two and the price seems fair....

Supply and demand, we'll see if the demand is there. I wonder what he gave for it?

Chequered Flag?

I though Chequered Flag were up Dewsbury/Heckmondwike area? When I was looking for a LC in 2005 I went to another 4X4 place up that way but can't remember what that ws called either! They had several 80's in, all on the expensive side as I remember. There was also another place in Rochdale I visited.

If its only done 69,000. Why has it already got after market hoses/pipe work on it?... I didn't read the description so i might have missed something.. Is that an Intercooler thingie added...

It's an Alisport Intercooler, I thought it was a Safari until I read the text. The odd battery is a bit naff, obviuosly an "it'll do" fix. Someone has gone to the trouble and expense of fitting an IC but left the EGR connected?

Ah - intercooler - the "essential on this model" upgrade.

No pictures of the underside, despite mention of the "surface rust".

Very questionable terms of business ("not fit for purpose" statement is a red flag - not even sure that's legal from an OFT perspective) from the self proclaimed Cruiser King....

(Aside - if Valley 4x4 and the Cruiser King have been going 30 years, why doesn't anyone on here know them?).

Hmmmm.... no ta.

You should have a read at some of the other shite he has in the other adverts:tearsofjoy:

185k, not even classed as run in
the list goes on~ starts to get boring
TRUST ME' I AM THE UKs ORIGINAL CRUISER KING !! AND I HAVE GENUINELY OWNED MORE AMAZON`S THAN ANYBODY IN THE UK
JUST 228.000 !! WHICH AS WE ALL KNOW IS VIRTUALLY ONLY JUST RUN IN

Same dealer?

Yes. That's the Smurf with 340000 miles on the clock..."BUT OBVIOUSLY, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES AS REGARDING THE TRUE MILEAGE !!".

But, don't worry.... "AS ALL OF US SEASONED TOYOTA GUYS KNOW (MILES MEAN NOTHING TO THE BULLETPROOF 1KZ POWERPLANT IF ITS BEEN MAINTAINED CORRECTLY !! (LIKE THIS ONE HAS)"

Is incredible how he always knows the previous usage and maintenance history of every vehicle he sells. Even ones like this, where he's taken it as a PX.

His all-seeing eye even extends to the USA, because we learn of the F130 @Higgy linked to above that... "THIS TRUCK HAS ONLY COVERED JUST 243000 EFFORTLESS FREEWAY MILES..."

His descriptions are always a fun read, if nothing else. Several paragraphs of BREATHLESS SHOUTY HYPERBOLE about how this is the greatest find since Time Team was taken off the air.Followed by a small disclaimer, warning you not to get your hopes up that it's not a pile of junk.

Plenty of mot failures.
One advisory was for "non obligatory main beam light not working". Is 3 out of 4 OK then?

Back