Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear brake load sensor valve

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys upon inpection yesterday noticed
the Rear brake load sensor valve leaking. Probably still the original but looking for a kit here but also elsewhere as it’s a easy repair I’m told.

Checked eBay no luck there only aftermarket ones with one genuine for £110. No kits.

Any ideas much appreciated.... thanks

A kit? First I have heard of that one Dervis.

I searched for a seal kit for a 95 one a couple of years ago, no luck and ended up buying a new LSV from RT.

I searched for a seal kit for a 95 one a couple of years ago, no luck and ended up buying a new LSV from RT.

Quite possible may not be Flint also for the 80. How is the rough trax one work out for you?

The one for the 95 was genuine Toyota one. I see that the RT one for the 80 is a YSK, but I've found that what they sell is usually good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have it on very good authority Dervis that the underside of your truck looks like something out of the original Toyota brochure. Therefore taking bits off shouldn't need much more than a spanner. The valve itself is very simple. It's a sort of pointy plunger needle thing and a spring. Now I'm not sure which bit is leaking. But I'd hazard a guess that off and onto the bench, making it seal again wouldn't be that hard.

Yes Chris thankfully no rust issues having changed my sub frame bushings this week that was a real test there with only have the front two seized internally to the bolts.

Just come across this guys looks like a kit......will have to talk to my mechanic for the best way forward next week.

Thanks

0447760010.jpg

£110 is a good price.
mines been leaking for a good while. Its on the list..

Nice find Dervis. Excellent. I might bag one of those for my parts box. However, the only bits that don't seem to be in there are the actual internal workings of the valve. I guess they are reusable. If the casing is ok then you're going to really make a big saving.

Nice find Dervis. Excellent. I might bag one of those for my parts box. However, the only bits that don't seem to be in there are the actual internal workings of the valve. I guess they are reusable. If the casing is ok then you're going to really make a big saving.

Not to sure as yet Chris with pass it by my cousin the mechanic this week and let you know. Need to isolate where its leaking from first to better diagnose the best way forward. Still learning....lol

Guys the hand brake indicator on the dash started flashing on and off yesterday and almost staying on now today. Looks like its related perhaps?

That's the low fluid warning Dervis

Flint I think the internal seals are there in bottom left of picture?

Not too sure Frank. Could be, but looking at the dismantled valve on ih8mud, it looks like there are 2 different sized seals on the piston and the 2 small cup ones ones don't seem to be there. Perhaps a call to Simon Holton might clarify things. ( 01604 788303 [email protected] )

Back