Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear diff actuator,how many magnets?

peter shepherd

hi all,im a newbie to this site, ive recently bought an 80 series,ive made a few improvment to my truck, fitted an alisport intercooler and a 3inch straight through pipe but my rear locker has never worked, i took it to bits and the magnets fell out of there housing, not sure if ive lost 2 of them but there were only 4 can anyone tell me how many there should be?i was planning on sticking them back in with some araldite,but when i put the 4 back inside the housing they dont reach round the diamater of the housing,looks to me like there should be 2 more, any help would be much appreciated thanks peter

If you have lost some Pete, you can have some of mine when I ever get round to changing my fubarred actuator...

Welcome to the site BTW :cool:

The front one has 4 for sure. I have tried to rebuild one myself. You won't thank me for this, but I shall say now - give it up and go buy a new one. You have to get the North and South poles lined up, get the spacing right, get the clearance right and get the little blighters to stay in place. if you use you RDL and rely on it, I would get a replacement. Having said that, I wish you all the best rebuilding it. The Milner one are waaaay cheaper than Mr T and I know that Mr Rubie can do a very good price too. If the only problem was sticking, you can sort that, but the insides falling out are a bit more serious.

Chris

There are four magnets in rear locker motor.
The alignment ... I misaligned them when I put things together the last time. :doh: Was in a hurry and didn't have time to correct a mistake. Now they are sticked to the housing with some super glue and I have to figure out how to pull them off again without breaking them. :think:

Anyway, do somebody know (or have an opportunity to measure) how the magnets in rear locker should be aligned? Where should the Norths face?

Back