Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear diff lock actuator

I'm expecting mine to fall to pieces as its being removed...

:o Got my collection of [s:2na6hvgx]hammers[/s:2na6hvgx] adjusters thawing out ready to go... :lol: :lol:

you will sort it mate. have a pratice on veggie mux first if you want :whistle:

One more thing, when mounting the new actuator just turn the difflock on. The actuating pin will come out making it easier to bolt it inside the diff. Then to get the actuator to fit onto the diff turn it off and it will pull itself into place. Simples.

Also if one of the bottom bolt rounds off (cant remember which one) you can remove the shock absorber and spring, drop the axle and then use a grinder to cut away part of the actuator so you can hammer an imperial sized socket on ;)

Thanks Rob :thumbup: Not to tempt fate here ( :pray: ) but I should have this one boxed off before breakfast with all this intel on board :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
never managed to repair an actuator Karl, resorted to replacing with new. Rebuilding / regearing or fitting ARB's seems to be my amateur specialty. Did think about making a cable conversion but it wasn't worth the time and it's history now

Jon, i think you could be on to a good thing there. First one would take some time but after that should be easy for a chap with your know-how.
I get alot of calls for them but very rarely am able to sort people out. I would have one plus some for stock if you did manage to Make them :thumbup:

What a cruddy day to work on a truck... The thaw is in full swing up here & the morning was fairly sleety. I set to wrapped up on my snug (size too small...) insulated British Gas boiler suit (courtesy of the father-in-law) & got it all in peices really easily :cool:

Took a break to go for lunch at Mum & Dad's with the rabble & go choose our Christmas tree :thumbup:

Got home, set up a tarp & got the 10,000 watt lamp set-up in readiness for a stint under Muxley to finish off... It ain't finished :(

I wish I'd remembered this bit...
Rob said:
when mounting the new actuator just turn the difflock on. The actuating pin will come out making it easier to bolt it inside the diff.
Completely mullered the bolt trying to attach the pin to the fork in the diff... Thought it was tightening up when in fact it was just chewing the threads to death on the bolt :doh:

Have thought about drilling & re-tapping the pin with a coarser thread to suit a bolt that I have that will work but first, lets see if anyone has a spare bolt...

Quite disappointed :violin:

Is it just a normal bolt gav for a cruiser as i have hundreds and hundreds. Same u didnt finsh mate :violin:

Hey dude, nope, its quite a specific bolt... Its a very fine thread but it has a shoulder on it which locates it in the fork in the diff. I'll go take a pic...

Voila

041220101244.jpg

Managed to take my rear locker apart but had to drill and retap the access holes and fit larger bolts. Perfect inside. Just dried out and some salt corrosion had krept in. All still working OK after 12 months but bound to happen again. Took quite a long time to strip the unit and rebuild but I was bored for 7 hours anyway so that job came in quite handy !

Frank

I might have a tinker with mine once I've got the new one up & running...

I may have have mate. Drop me a text tomoz afternoon and ill have a look when im at the yard tomoz. Karl

Can't you nip up there now dude, I mean, c'mon, make an effort... :p

Cheers buddy - that'd be great. :cool: I have Jon tearing down his garage looking for one as well!!! Will be owing someone a glass of beer if I can get one sorted!!! :thumbup:

OT for a mo, how's yer snow over there? All but gone here... :cool:

We still have plenty of snow but its vanishing :cry:

Ill nip to the yard now mate :liar:

To dark and the mice scare me at night :shifty:

Only joking :lol:

Gav, pretty good chance that I might have one of those in my rummage box if all else fails. I have loads of those sorts of things saved of years worth of Toyotas.

Can't be bothered to go an look now. I've given you enough help as it is already. :thumbup: Actually, when I get stuck for something like that, which is a standard part, I go to see the mechanics at Toyota and get them to look in their tool boxes. Saved me many times.

Chris

Yes, well as always with Gav, there is a story to tell. Isn't there Gav?

Gav?

errrr, Gaaavvv? :roll:

He knows already :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: I called him too but he was too wise & didn't pick up... :lol: Stupid CDL... :doh:

Thank you all for your support & assistance so far :p

Back