Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear disc wont come off...

At risk of this becoming the longest monologue thread ever....

Sussed the clattering noise.

The right hand handbrake pad - the pin going through the centre of the retaining spring/cap had bent outwards (its sort of U shaped rather than straight) thus lengthening it - each time the hub rotates it is hitting the back of the wheel nuts which are raised a couple of mm, thus the clattering sound.

The pin is badly corroded (although it was me that stretched it when I was prising the pads apart to fit the other side...) so am going to pay Mr.T a visit and see exactly how much they can fleece me for a 50p pin......

Really pleased I dont need the garages help (yet...) as every penny saved can go towards the Machine Mart shareholders Christmas party.

Cheers for still being here :lol:

Pete

Picked the new bits up this morning (£8 per pin/spring kit)

Used my new £22 plus vat :o angled long nose pliers (yep, but they come with a lifetime guarantee.... :doh: ) to fit it all together.

Spent a while getting the handbrake set up.

All back together - test run and all fine, no odd noises.

Used the handbrake a couple of times and it needs adjusting again - reckon the pads have reseated themselves inside the discs.

I reckon I could do the whole job in about 4 hours now, just need my new tools to make it all a bit simpler!

CV joint next....

Pete

Back