Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear metal bumpers for SWB Colorado?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Simon had had a bit of a rear ender and has a cracked plastic bumper. Nothing structural - just plastic. He's looking for a metal rear replacement and asked me if there was anyone out there. Now in truth I don't have time for the research but aside from the one that I have made, I do recall that we came across something didn't we?

He's also considering selling his, which if you haven't see it, it's a great vehicle. Like Lil Blue without dents. ARB, winch, Snork, 80 alloys, muds, OME etc etc.

CHris

freeways latitude sell a rear steel bumper

Last edited:
Doodle - you're a star. I hadn't followed the rest of that thread. It looks good. So he's most likely be in a position to make one up you think?

Thought Latitude did one. Cheers Andy

Chris

I would imagine so. I'm not sure if they hold stock due to lower demand (they're primarily aimed at the LR market) so there might be a bit of delay while it's built, but it'll cost a fraction of the price of the Freeways bumper.

It raises a good question for when I look to move on to an Amazon - do I strip and sell the bits separately or let it go as is?

thanks for help all collected rear bumper from landyspares yesterday had one on shelf only concern is very heavy made from 5mm
doodle any idea what thickness your rear bumper is as didnt look as thick from your photo would you have pictures of mounting points
was thinking of asking andy at landyspares to make another one up in thinner metal as not fitted yet
my practical skills and knowledge not very good so any help or info greatly appreciated

best regards simon

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
5mm is excessive thats for sure but depends what you paid, 5mm will take some bending thats for sure but at the same time it will be excess weight that you dont need

I'll get the measures out and have a look, but I'm pretty sure it's not 5mm throughout - certainly not on the outside skin anyway. The plate that sits against the crossmember might be that thick. It was unwieldy to move, but certainly not massively heavy.

In terms of mounting, mine uses the original bumper frame mounting points for initial alignment, but the main attachment is 5 large bolts and plates through the crossmember. I'll see if I can get a picture shortly once I've refitted it all.

dont think be bending it in hurry bit to heavy duty for what i need really

did get 5 bolts but andy didnt have any plates be curious to see what yours is like doodle

best regards simon

Same here, I've had to make my plates up. Will take the LC to work tomorrow so will have time to measure and take pics.

ok that be great thanks perhaps have to look into getting some plates made up when get around to fitting

best regards simon

If I get a chance before then I'll should be able to run you off a set with the plasma cutter. They're nothing fancy, just plates with a hole through them.

Back