Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear sliding windows .....

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
How the **** do they come out ???

mine leak a little bit .. (boot floor is sopping wet) so need to get them out to clean them up and around where they fit to stop them leaking ....

or better still replace with a single bit and do away with the sliders ...

After removing the int trim panels surrounding the windows, remove the outer rear vent panel by prying off and releasing the clips. Then remove the outer black weather strip that runs along the bottom of the window, again by carefully prying up and freeing the clips. Then, working from inside, pry the rubber weather strip up and outwards and remove the window frames from the outside. The frames themselves can then be stripped if you wish. Not done it myself but this is the procedure from the FSM, sounds easy and it probably isn't. The retaining clips may well break so it might be advisable to source some spares before you attempt it.
I had a leak from one of the window frames and cured it by taking off the exterior weather strip/trim piece and refixing it with a blob of silicone on each clip. Might be worth a shot.

Looking to replace mine with the one piece glass, so this info to get them out is great, many thanks.

regards

Dave

Back