Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear suspension torque settings

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Has anyone got numbers they could share? My copy of the FSM is decidng not to load on my new laptop. Have had the back axle off to do some welding. Have just nipped everything up to 90 series spec, becasue I have a paper manual for one of those but would like to do mine properly.

Specifically am looking for

top control arms
bottom control arms
panhard rod

lower shock bolts and roll bar drop links a bonus.

Thank you.

From Haynes - hopefully its not far off! :)

20211017_190658.jpg

Brilliant, thank you. So I've done to top arms too tight and the panhard nothing like tight enough. A job for tomorrow!

Sorry to gatecrash, Can I have the same but for the 90 series colorado. Mainly, the rear trailing arms, rear panhard, rear shocks lower bolt and it's upper nut, and the upper arms from axle mount to chasis, etc...

Is there a Haynes manual for the 90 series?

Also, my Rear axle section of the pdf workshop manual is faulty file, only goes to page 34. Would anyone be able to give me that section, mainly from SA62 - SA114. Although I'd prefer the whole section, if someone could message me I'll give you my email address. Thanks.

90 and 95 are the same torque as listed above.

There's a haynes manual, it's not super easy to find as it was printed for the antipodean market, but they are available.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine is the 95/120 manual also, I got it from AbeBooks as it was much cheaper than amazon.

€60 on abe plus shipping to Ireland, and £35 on Amazon uk which is €55 with postage.
I remember when haynes manuals were like €25 / 30 in halfords.

Try Haynes.com (Toyota Prado). They are listed at £25. I just looked and a 10% discount popped up as well.

Just clicked on your link Beastrider, and it took me to Haynes new Autofix for 120s.
This is on line reference only, not based on strip down and rebuild, as usual Haynes manuals.
Apparently gives all sorts of details on various subjects concerning 120s. £26 inc.
May well be ok, but not what I was expecting at all, maybe thats why its half the price approx of the normal workshop repair manual ?

Last edited:
Hi Tractionman - I didn’t mean to post a link-my mistake. Try a google search for ‘Haynes Prado’. The first result shows an online and print bundle for £25 from Haynes.com
The image looks the same as the printed manual I have.

Thanks for that mate, different from karl2000 that I know he has that includes ours, but still covers the 120 and good price.

If you zoom on your pic, yellow circle, online and site says Australia when in ?.

Last edited:
Cheers for that screen shot, I tried it there, had to register, Shipping is £15 to the UK plus customs, probably more for me in Ireland so I bailed out. It'd be nice to have the hard copy but the workshop manual in pdf form will more than suffice with them prices.

Back