Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removing intake crossover "pipe"

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
In anticipation of fitting my front mount intercooler in a couple of weeks i've arrived at a bit of a question...
On the crossover at the intake manifold side there are 3 plugs that i remember having to pull and replace.
What are they, what do they do and what do i do with them when the crossover has gone ??
I suppose the same question goes for the two plugs that go into the EGR.
I don't like like those warning lights coming up (My glow pluc one is coming on intermittently and I'm obviously taking out the heater relay before i do anything else)

they include vacuum switching valves, turbo over boost sensor/sender, power steering idle up, boost compensator boost pressure inlet tube etc. the loom runs to the emissions ecu and I think the main ecu.

I keep meaning to study the wiring diagrams of the ecus and the vacuum diagram to do a write up on a complete ecu and vacuum pipe removal but as yet havnt had the time.

you will obviously need the boost pressure line to the boost compensator diaphragm. you may or may not want to keep the power steering idle up etc.

iirc with everything unplugged a heater plug light comes on the dash, you could remove the bulb or find the connection that causes it to come on and re loop that circuit.

make sure you have no open lines and vacuum leaks.

sorry if that's not much help hw, its off the top of my head from when I had a little mess a while ago. youll have to have a bit of a play.

like I said, when I get some time ill hopefull have all the answers.:)

Back