Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement headlights

The problem is once you start sanding them, the final coating you spray on there to protect them isn't as good as the factory finish you've sanded off, so you have to keep doing it. Seems you have to keep doing it more and more often to keep them looking good - that's what I found anyway....

I like the sound of replacement lenses - didn't know they were available!

on a 100 series the depo lights go straight in and the adjuster motors fit in perfectly no problems at all could not say for the 120 series but for the 100 series 2006 model Sahara they go straight in

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Tony.
With my luck the whole bleedin lot would melt in the oven.
I notice it says they are glass ? Mebbe something lost in translation there.
Anyhoo thanks for the info mate, always good to have options.

Well, an update.

I splashed out on the 3M headlight polishing kit and have just spent an hour and half polishing the lenses up, previously have always used metal polish but probably not abrasive enough.
Its a bit worrying after using the first cut with 500grade on the electric drill, completely opaque finish, but very pleased with the results afterwards.
With the headlights on you can still see the crazing deep in the lens where presumably heat from the bulbs has caused crazing too deep inside the lens to actually polish, but nowhere near as cloudy finsih generally.

Have used a glass sealer on them and two coats of Bilt Hamber's wax, have ordered some CarPlan No1 Gloss from Amazon on the recommendation of TonyCL on t'other forum.

Hopefully the pics before and after will add to this
thumbnail_325492560_563090922102699_8673529634742458608_n.jpg
thumbnail_325365174_1234884880470737_6346341671392965965_n.jpg

Not being David Bailey the pics aint great but hopefully show the improvement, if anyone asks which was the before/after pics i'll go boil my head.

As a bonus for those who like them here's two of our idiot doggies
IMG_1033.JPG (1.44 Mb).JPG

Back