Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

Sunday afternoon restoration project now complete. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Long over due with not much time to follow through to complete existing jobs today.
Thankfully with a carpenter friend we refitted the sub to a complete closed enclosure.
Was a bit fiddily but well worth it now as the sound is more solid & no rattle with the plastic enclosure.

Now just need a long cruise to chill & relax.

IMG_3903.JPG IMG_3904.JPG

Upon a trial thinking if a whole cut out would be needed as a port where the slit vents are at the bottom end of the plastic trim.

Anyone have any experience on this front?

IMG_2971.JPG

This is absolutely stunning and right up my street. You have great taste sir. Keep up the good work.

Hi guys tried to install the extra guages today. The car electrian spliced into the techometer & although the volt meter worked the oil temperature & water temperature were reading falsely.

The guy told me that I would need to connect these to parts of the engine or fit appropriate mods in the engine bay.

Anyone have a advice would be much appreciated

IMG_4727.JPG

Hi guys tried to install the extra guages today. The car electrian spliced into the techometer & although the volt meter worked the oil temperature & water temperature were reading falsely.

The guy told me that I would need to connect these to parts of the engine or fit appropriate mods in the engine bay.

View attachment 114361
You need the sender units to match the gauges Dervis, won't work without them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could you please share what this is?
Where to buy?
& where to fit?

Thanks
The sender units are the same principal as the standard ones on your your dash, water temp sender and an oil sender they both transmit a voltage signal to the gauges in your dash from the engine.
You will need the correct senders to match your aftermarket gauges, you can source these from where you bought the gauges or try the internet.
The oil sender is pretty easy to fit, most people just buy a t piece and fit the sender in the same location as the original using the t piece.
The water temp sender can be a little more difficult, sometimes you can find a blanking plug the engine and use that, if not you might have to drill and tap one of the aluminium water housings on the engine.
Hope this helps, you might find more info on ih8mud, good look, truck looks awesome btw.

The sender units are the same principal as the standard ones on your your dash, water temp sender and an oil sender they both transmit a voltage signal to the gauges in your dash from the engine.
You will need the correct senders to match your aftermarket gauges, you can source these from where you bought the gauges or try the internet.
The oil sender is pretty easy to fit, most people just buy a t piece and fit the sender in the same location as the original using the t piece.
The water temp sender can be a little more difficult, sometimes you can find a blanking plug the engine and use that, if not you might have to drill and tap one of the aluminium water housings on the engine.
Hope this helps, you might find more info on ih8mud, good look, truck looks awesome btw.

Thank you white80 for the advice. I've got a tuning company gonna look at this on Saturday & go from there.

Will post my findings.

Those of you may know I bought a Isuzu trooper 3.1 intercooler recently and given it to a custom shop along with a new custom exhaust build being manufactured this week at A. SKOUROS garage in Limassol Cyprus.

IMG_4649.JPG

So far the to accommodate this intercooler the shop sent me these pictures of the intercooler. Prep. :)

IMG_4783.JPG IMG_4784.JPG IMG_4785.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Dervis
Nice pics but do you think the trooper intercooler is a tad small for a 4.2 six cylinder the hilux or 120 intercooler looks bigger was there none available. I am surprised that you found a Cypriot garage to do such a conversion they usually shake their head and lift their eyebrows and say it can't be done well done.
kind regards
Antonis

Hi Dervis
Nice pics but do you think the trooper intercooler is a tad small for a 4.2 six cylinder the hilux or 120 intercooler looks bigger was there none available. I am surprised that you found a Cypriot garage to do such a conversion they usually shake their head and lift their eyebrows and say it can't be done well done.
kind regards
Antonis

Antonis I researched and ask them it's A. Skouros shop in Limassol where they suggested a cheap conversion would be this intercooler to mount on top. Cost wise wouldn't be too bad so I'm thinking without the scoop that's included but yet not fitted with paint I'm at cost wise €300 to have this done with the parts.

The intercooler should be sufficient as it would'nt add lag being short piping and also the scoop I intend to have fitted with the inner air guard so that the air is snug fit and directed into the intercooler without any air cooling loss.

That's the plan anywhere right now.
Never seen this done before so it may be the first. :)

Been a few weeks waiting for deliveries to move the build to the next phase.

Todays a new start with the sound deadening.

How is the material holding up under the hood (with the engine heat)?

Also looking to move to Arizona USA soon so looking to take it there eventually with the 25 year import rules they have.
Little to no rust in AZ as quite dry. Fantastic off roading and remote camping. Enjoy (Lived in USA for many years) : )

Little to no rust in AZ as quite dry. Fantastic off roading and remote camping. Enjoy (Lived in USA for many years) : )

Yes your right there my partner is there so hopefully take the LC80 there eventually being the 25 year rule permitting.

Slight change of plans after much research chosen to go the extra mile and make the inlet manifold less restrictive flow 65mm opening to the intercooler's 60mm.

IMG_4797.JPG IMG_4799.JPG IMG_4800.JPG

View attachment 114361
Why has he spliced into the tacho? Did you see my last post in your gauges thread?

Oh, nice job btw, been following this with interest for a while.:thumbup:

Back