Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

View attachment 102463 Here you go, one I took a while ago, in between rainy weeks. View attachment 102464
And the newly refurbed wheels. View attachment 102465

Wow their been refurbished nice real shiny bling. I remember now your post on when you got them done a while back. The two tone look set it off nicely too. Unfortunately there is no facility to refurbish them like yours here. I remember it being called spit & polish from where I lived there.
Looks similar to mine being a import?
If your not is a rush for the pistons could send them to the Uk with a family member at some point & then post from there to you? Thats what I did a while back with the rear quarter slide window rubbers for Clive.

p.s theres 4 pistons each for the fronts & one of either side so totalling 10 like the picture shared earlier ;)

Sounds like a plan Indi. I'm in no rush. Pop me a PM and we can work something out to 'recycle' your old pistons.

Incidentally, I pushed mine out by removing the pads, putting a piece of paper where the pads were and operating the brake pedal until all 4 were out and pressing on the discs. You have to keep an eye on the reservoir but apart from that they stop at just the right point.

Incidentally I have the same tyres as you on another set of rims.
Your truck's beginning to come together now by the looks of it. :thumbup:

Incidentally I have the same tyres as you on another set of rims.
Your truck's beginning to come together now by the looks of it. :thumbup:

Their great tyres done like 80,000km on them & still have plenty of life in them. Think I may try BF Goodrich 50/50 this time around

Last edited:
Wheels on with new painted brakes. Only finished by the lights went down :lol:
More pictures to follow.

IMG_3244.jpg

Reactions: Sag
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That does look good Indi. Really smart there in the lights. I bet you feel like the cat's whiskers in that now. Great result. You're going to have to do a bit more parking practice to get the brakes on show though. :)

That does look good Indi. Really smart there in the lights. I bet you feel like the cat's whiskers in that now. Great result. You're going to have to do a bit more parking practice to get the brakes on show though. :)

Had to put my whiskers on hold Starcruiser as I noticed soon after my gasket seal had blown on my steering box. Most likely was the pump as it was kinda faulty form before & so in the garage on Monday to fix.
Only just put the car back together!! :violin:

Luckily my cousins garage who rebuilt the whole engine had recently bought a 12v 1HDT motor to convert for his yacht as a marine application. He has a steering pump of the old motor luckily so at least its a quick fix than ordering abroad a replacement. :dance:

In the meantime interior door panels have been dust proofed & panels repaired back on incredibly with 45-50c heat wave thats knocked my socks off. :angry-extinguishfl:

in the garage today changing over the steering pump & steering box seal repair.
Hopefully it will be the last of this problem.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

In the meantime thought I take pictures of the painted wheels & calipers. Pretty discrete but none the less an added touch

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Show off :lol:

Looking good Dervis, you've done it proud mate :dance:

Excellent!

That does look bloody good. Looks like a brand new one. I wasn't sure about the colour at first, but it's grown on me (quite quickly)

That does look bloody good. Looks like a brand new one. I wasn't sure about the colour at first, but it's grown on me (quite quickly)

Thanks Ian really happy with the new paint & mods so far. In the short time driving its quieter & drives smoothly. The brakes are bedding in good no squeaks. Just need a retune next as its running little low on idle it seems. Also the steering might need adjustment after a few weeks of driving.

Just feels like a new car really even though I've had it for 5 years now. All the changes have made it better. Haven't spared any money on it as I don't ever intend to sell it. ;)

Today put the rear wheel cover on so its coming along nicely with some changes still yet to come.

Nice nice nice !!!! Mine is getting painted on Monday . By the way , were i can get that top and back spoilers you i have looking around in the net but i didnt find anything .

Nice nice nice !!!! Mine is getting painted on Monday . By the way , were i can get that top and back spoilers you i have looking around in the net but i didnt find anything .

Bought them second hand some years ago from the Uk eBay I think. Their rare to find but are authentic 80 series option parts. They are very pricy to buy new & is possible from Japan & even second hand but once again shipping & tax puts most off from pursuing this.

My next wish list is the option fridge centre console once again an option.

Wish you the best with your new paint would be great to see your 80 :wink:

be6066_dfe9030b79a242a8946d245f04c9dcad.png

Back