Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Risen from the ashes

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well, we know that Chas' cruiser is nicknamed the Phoenix as it's had more comebacks than Status Quo, but I figure that mine really has risen from the ashes in the truest sense, so for now, may I introduce the Silver Phoenix.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

Other than the powder coating on the bumper and the fitting of the winch and other bits and bobs, I am pretty much back where I was before the fire. And the aircon still needs charging - which was the only job left to do on GW dammit.

Somebody hide Crispin's wallet! I've already told you.......

Chris

Looking very nice...now you just need to get her out and see how she goes.

Hi Chris,
It's a shame I claimed 'The Phoenix' before you, your Silver Phoenix probably deserves it more, cracking choice of name :thumbup: PM sent.

Well done Chris! Thats a tremendous effort that you've put in, in such a short space of time, to get you back to where you were before. Or dare I say, in an even better position, considering the low mileage on Silver Phoenix.

The 80 now looks the absolute business :thumbup: . Now the real fun can begin, and you can reap the reward for all your hard graft. Enjoy!

Cheers.

Yes Matey that looks soooooooo good!!
I've never seen anyone with such focus.

Now get it used for what it was made for!

Have fun Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks amazing considering the work you have put into getting it this far :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

looks great mate. :thumbup:

i bet you cant wait to take it off road. :cool:

Looking good Chris, nice and shiney and I like the colours :)

Looks great, Chris - you should be proud of the work you've put in and the end result :thumbup: Are you going to stick with 285s or go back to the 255s? I guess you might be short a 255 or 2 from your old set?
Looks like you might have spacers on with the 285s too. Any noticeable difference between the 2 tyre sizes so far?
Looking forward to seeing SP at Lincomb!

Cheers,
A

Thanks Guys. I have to say I never felt alone out there even with the tightest nuts :oops:

It drives absolutely fantastic. The engine is so much more eager than the last one. I knew the IP had been fiddled with. This has way more go in it. It's straight and quiet too. Shame it doesn't have cruise.

Going to Scotland in it at the weekend, full on huntin', campin' and boozin'.

Once more to Scott - cheers mate. It wouldn't be running if it weren't for you and to Crispin for checking it out for me and doing half a job as usual. ;)

GW is picked clean now, diff out, axle off and now it's time to call the knacker man to take it away to Cruiser Heaven.

Chris

Chris said:
Going to Scotland in it at the weekend, full on huntin', campin' and boozin'.
Enjoy :!:

Chris said:
Once more to Scott - cheers mate. It wouldn't be running if it weren't for you
Your more than welcome. I look forward to seeing it in action at Lincomb :thumbup:

Chris said:
and to Crispin for checking it out for me and doing half a job as usual. ;)
:laughing-rollingyellow: Ahh, go easy on the poor guy. The force is strong in him, it just needs training! (said in a Star Wars tone of voice).

Cheers.

That is a fine cruiser you got there, and well done for doing it in such a short amount of time. Hows the garden then, still looking like a scrap yard?

Nice one Chris, awesome effort mate :thumbup: looks like you've been up Alton with the camera, why not the rock, was someone parked up there ? :lol:

Nah, just a quick spin. Didn't try the rock. Too many dog walkers. That's dog walkers, not doggers.

C

Bloody hell m8 there's some effort gone on there :mrgreen: :) Bet you've got one or two knocks & cuts that tell a tale or two from what you've manage to do in such a short time, I have to take my hat off to you & give you a big :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to seeing you again @ Lincomb & I hope you have a good weekend up in Scotland :D

Nice work m8 :thumbup:

Well done Chris!

sent from TapaTalk

Great work Chris - glad to see you percevered (sp) with the bumper clean up :cool:

very evry well done matey, superb work and a massive amount of effort put in, now enjoy it matey you deserve it

Well done Chris - Silver Phoenix look awesome :cool:

It's a credit to all your hard work. I am always amazed by how much stuff you seem to be able to do in a relative short time! :clap:

Back