Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rockslider and winch mount wants enquiry

J66P

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but if not please feel free to stick where it should be

I did put something up a while ago on another Landcruiser site about making some rocksliders but what with the latest addition to the family it took a back seat or fell off the radar

I am now starting to look at doing this along with the hidden winch mount if theres enough interest

Thinking Sliders will be £275 without tree sliders or £350 with them but wont be shaped the same as mine as they are too fiddly

The winch mount not sure what the cost will be as mine took about a day to get right, there will be a couple of chages but in large will be the same as the pics. Thinking price will be somewhere in the region of £275 but this may change dependant on time to build

Both will come painted black and will have the option of being coated in a vertually indestrucable plastic coating of which I am awaiting a price on , mine will be back on Thursday so i will be able to report on the finish

Can you let me know if you would be interested so I know if its worth pursueing

Below are the photos of both items

Picture443.jpg

Picture442.jpg

WinchMount3.jpg

WinchMount2.jpg

hi there,
Think I just bought your bull bars on ebay, would be definatly interested in a winch mount.
chris

Hi,

Your winch mount was so well hidden, I didn't see it for a few early looks.

That looks by far the best I have seen.

And the sliders look top quality also.

As your 90 is similar to the 120, chassis wise, I know yours is 3 door SWB, and most 120's are 5 door and LWB, but could they be extended ?

Graham

Graham said:
Hi,

As your 90 is similar to the 120, chassis wise, I know yours is 3 door SWB, and most 120's are 5 door and LWB, but could they be extended ?

Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for your comments on the winch mount, I had it as hidden as possible as I only use it for laning and the occasional pay and play. Less is more in my opinion, the Cruisers looks how it looks why change it :mrgreen:

Mine is a 5 door LWB and not sure on the chassis / body clearance, these run very close to the body and to be honest without trying them I wouldnt like to say they would fit, when I have some done you will be more than welcome to pop up and we can try them and possible adjust to fit if needs be. The turn up will be a 90 degree bend though when I make them but the end result will be very similiar with any luck.

J66P said:
Graham said:
Hi,

Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for your comments on the winch mount, I had it as hidden as possible as I only use it for laning and the occasional pay and play. Less is more in my opinion, the Cruisers looks how it looks why change it :mrgreen:

Mine is a 5 door LWB and not sure on the chassis / body clearance, these run very close to the body and to be honest without trying them I wouldnt like to say they would fit, when I have some done you will be more than welcome to pop up and we can try them and possible adjust to fit if needs be. The turn up will be a 90 degree bend though when I make them but the end result will be very similiar with any luck.

Good,

I will wait until later,
If the fit, or can be adapted to fit, I may go along the route of getting them chromed.

Graham

Mmmmmmmmmm.........winch mount :think: That's interesting :think: :shhh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any chance of a winch mount for a 70 series? Not managed to find one yet....

Graham said:
If the fit, or can be adapted to fit, I may go along the route of getting them chromed.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

not sure if this is allowed

I have a mate with an 100 series and he wants some anyhow so will be able to make them in the future if they are different

Simon_LJ70 said:
Any chance of a winch mount for a 70 series? Not managed to find one yet....

anythings possible but given that quite a few people want these and I have let a few down in the past as I had to put my family first I intend to serve them first, would need your truck to do it though for a weekend or so

Chris Green90 said:
hi there,
Think I just bought your bull bars on ebay, would be definatly interested in a winch mount.
chris

no probs, gonna make up 5 sets of sliders first then I will have a bash at another mount, will be a little smaller than this one though, even more hidden :mrgreen:

I have just collected my winch mount after having the coating done, well chuffed it looks spot on. Sliders will hopefully be costed next week aswell and hopefully they will come out the same

Picture570.jpg

Picture571-1.jpg

if I am honest I dont know what it is, we send stuff to a company through work and it comes back like it

it is very very tough, when we have trucks back in for accident damage we cant get the stuff off we have to cut steel sections out and throw them away and start again so should be ideal for this and the sliders. Just thinking skiders will be a little too expensive to do but I have got them to agree to do mine as a sample :mrgreen:

WINCH MOUNT

I have made another mount and then decided I cant make them quick enough (takes me too long :roll: took me a full weekend) I have decided to have them fab'd up at a local shop, they will be ready in a couple of weeks. I am looking at £295 for the mount in etch primer (would just need a top coat by yourself in what ever colour you wanted) or I can get it coated in the coating you have seen in the photo above for another £50 which to me is well worth it, its superb and very tough.

The new mount will be slightly more civilised than the original as I am having the profiles laser cut etc.. hence the slight increase in price bit the finish will be far better.

I have had to have 5 of them made to get the fab costs down. I am just trying to get an idea on the coating, if I can sell 3 of them and the 3 people want the coating I will have them all done and hopefully get them done a little cheaper

Delivery to mainland Uk will be £10

SLIDERS

I have done the same with these and have decided to ahve them made out at a fabrication shop, I have had 5 sets made, the costs will be the same but they will come in etch primer (£350). I have only had the ones with the tree sliders done at this point as the majority of interest is in these, the non tree slider ones will follow if people want them

I am waiting for a price on the coating but I am thinking it will be a tad expensive and I am expecting it to be in the region of £100 for the pair which I think is a tad too much

Delivery costs are still to be confirmed, I amtrying to get a local courier to ive them for me as the weight and size dont help with the cost by mainstream couriers

If anyone is seriously interested in any of the above can you let me know as soon as

thanks

1 of each, happy without the covering as have plans for the winch mount.

That coating looks a bit like Speedline. You can't scratch it all. Saw a Hilux done it it one. All over. Owner demonstrated its toughness by keying all down one side. Just polished the end of the key!!

Chris

Chris said:
That coating looks a bit like Speedline. You can't scratch it all. Saw a Hilux done it it one. All over. Owner demonstrated its toughness by keying all down one side. Just polished the end of the key!!Chris
I had my home made winch bumper coated in that, :thumbup: just ask Tobyjug how hard it is to remove, :o he bought my bumper.

I found out how hard it is to get off when I refitted mine :evil: I let them coat all surfaces :roll: hence it wouldnt fit the chassis rails any longer, I had to get the coating off the insides where it slides over the chassis rails, took me about an hour to get 2 inch square sections off. Grinder just clogged up so not chance of grinding it off even. Still thats what I paid for I guess.

I am having my sliders done in it so that should be the real tell tale for how strong it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thats 2 mounts and 2 sets of sliders gone

Evil Ed - sliders and winch mount (not coated)

Chris Green90 - Winch Mount (coated)

Fridayman - Sliders

Back