Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rockslider and winch mount wants enquiry

would you mind putting up pix of the back of the mount also???? just to see the mounting style .

Cheers.

hi, sorry its all bolted up now and the other as gone a s a pattern

this is the mount finally fitted and finished, just got to wire up the remote switches into the cab

finishedmount.jpg

Hey Gary, that front end looks just soooooooooooooooo good, :thumbup:

G.

thankyou, just liked the standard look and didnt want a huge great bumper fitting

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
120 is next the list to do matey, should be available with a couple of months

Hi,

Sorry but I missed this when it was current.

Do you have any of the rocksliders left? What is the difference between the production ones and the ones in the pic?

Cheers Rob

:character-beavisbutthead:

yes matey hopefully I will get a delivery later this week

The difference is where mine sweep round 2 bends the new ones will be at 45 degrees like the photo below, very little difference if I am honest and they will certainly be stronger than mine

this was the example

newsliders.jpg

I'll have some 120 ones when you ready :D look good.

Sent from TapaTalk

hi Crispin will be a few weeks matey, i am hopefully getting my mates 120 next week to have a stab at them, once done i will send them to my fabricators and your names on a set

No rush. Can't see myself free for next month or two.

Sent from TapaTalk

just the one set of 95 series sliders left if anyone else wants them ;)

Well finally the first sliders have arrived and I have approved the go ahead for the rest, just need Priming and they will be ready to go. I will pm the guys that have the orders in but this is what they look like slightly modified with regards to the bends and tree slider supports

IMG00054-20110407-1937.jpg

IMG00056-20110407-1940.jpg

all orders are now collected and will be on their way on Tuesday ;)

Returnfromcoatersfirstbatch.jpg

They look great in fairness. Well done!
Any idea on shipping cost of winch mount to Ireland??

well, fitted mine at the weekend....

Couple of gotchas.....

For the winch mount....
The ends of the 90 chassis at the front are held on with a bolt, Found this after grinding the buggars off :) Also needed to grind the flanges off the inside and bottom of the chassis ends.
The factory bash plate needs bending in either edge just a smidgen to make mounting easier.
Wire it up and load the steel / rope back on, or at the very least, put the end of the wire in and secure it before putting the bumper back on.
Use a dremel a lot.... lots of minor adjustments made a pretty tidy fit... also took the sharp edges off to get my hand in and put the wander lead on and to get to the freewheel lever without scraping my hand.
To re-fit the number plate, you can dremel out the lip above the standard mounting and drill two more holes in the plate about 2" lower (so it sits about 2" higher), but remember that the headlamp washer pipe is behind there so pop that away first.

Apart from that, get a good strong mate to help lift it with the winch and fairlead in place.... that's one heavy lump at the front with it all on! I did lift it on my own while my son fumbled the bolts several times (think I tought him some new words!) but I wouldn't advise that route!

And the sliders...
There are 2 longer bolts.... there is a reason for this.... and it's at the passenger side front you need them. Fitting the drivers side first, and not noticing 2 bolts were longer meant removal and re-mounting the drivers side :) (yes, sods law said that both the long bolts were on the top of the drivers side.... )

Gotta say a huge thanks to J66P for the work he and K4 put into these. Would recommend them.

Only changes I made were.....
I had to open out the recovery point holes to fit my 4.75t shackles a tiny bit and I had to re-drill the fairlead holes out for the EP9i fairlead bolts that came with the winch (though if I had spare grade 8 bolts of the smaller size I would have used these).

Pics can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58477572@N ... 916346138/

Back