Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

These are Land Cruisers, . . . No Road? No Problem!

there is another one that starts at SALISTE
oh we going to have fun
ROMANIA 2.png

That "last" stretch of Autostrada (motorway) Is due to open next week AFAIK, so by next August, it will be just about right for repair closures :lol:. Only kidding :shifty:

I thought you might take a Reinhard type approach to the Romania leg, well-routed forest roads and the like. The Autostrada is quicker by far, but it seems a shame to miss out on the sights as you go. It would add a couple of days to the Rom leg though.

I'll be busy setting up the barricades to fend off the Western marauders, it's a ticket only do this end, if you're name isn't on the list... :laughing-rolling:

Wondering now now how many trucks are likely to arrive... :think: When it was going to be 2 or 3, it was no problem. Now I think I'll be sorting some overspill at the neighbors, but I don't see that as a problem. First come first served, through my gate. We're on a hill, so methinks some hefty wooden wedges may come in handy for leveling purposes.

Apart from some local day runs, I'm planning on some days off so I can tour with you a bit, if possible a whole week. Depends on what you all want to do. You'll be a bit disappointed if you tear across Romania to my place and stay the duration, although you're all more than welcome to stay as long as you like. But it's no Lincomb I'm afraid.

BBQ, Beer, wine chat, it's all to be had, and a few local trips as easy or hard as you like. If you want touristy trips, we can take in Bran and Rasnov castles. The latter has a kids tractor train-ride up a hill from the car park to the castle, can't wait to see all you lot on that "train":laughing-rolling:

I'm getting rather excited too :lol:..... :whistle:

Oooh! a train ride.
happy-060.gif

Quote Clive "I thought you might take a Reinhard type approach to the Romania leg, well-routed forest roads and the like. The Autostrada is quicker by far, but it seems a shame to miss out on the sights as you go"

Forest roads sounds good to me :thumbup:

i would love time to look around but the last time i did a trip to Hungary i never made it, i spent 7 days doing things on the way, when i got to the border i had to turn around and head back for work on Monday. So will do it the way i should have done it last time. Blood get there and have fun

the local castles are on my list again as i do like then

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why's that Chas were you in the same class at school or something :lol:

Draculas castle is a must for me

As Dracula never existed, neither did his castle! But there's a few to chose from, the closest to me is Bran castle, so you can make do with that Chas! :lol:

As Dracula never existed, neither did his castle! But there's a few to chose from, the closest to me is Bran castle, so you can make do with that Chas! :lol:

Bran castle will be fine, I can pretend.

As above, this is exactly what I have found when driving the support trucks for groups of bikers, they tended to just split natuarally into cruisers and scratchers.

One time I arrived at the Ukranian Border to find the scratchers debating whether they were going to try the border without the translator/fixer who was travelling in my very slow tranny van. After several hours of driving, they had only just arrived at the border in front of me and couldn't believe I was so close behind them when I was struggling to do 70mph or overtake anything.

It wasn't unusual for the cruiser to arrive at the overnight before some of the scratchers!

In the summer, AC is essential too in this part of the world. It was 40+ at times this summer :lol:

Wnter's coming, so ready for down to -20, if we're lucky :eusa-dance:

Helen's been talking to a Romanian at work who says we should expect ferocious heat on this trip .

Helen's been talking to a Romanian at work who says we should expect ferocious heat on this trip .

It will be warm Shayne, that's for sure, but I don't know about ferocious.

Romania has a much drier atmosphere than the UK so temperatures in their low 30s are much easier to cope with than they would be in the UK.

Maybe I've got used to it, but I'm quite happy at 35 degrees.

Spent time in the Middle East too, in Qatar we had 55 on a regular basis in the desert, even though the authorities never ever reported more than 49 degrees, because the limit for construction workers is 50 degrees. There it was 97% humidity as well, I didn't like that at all.

You'll be fine, especially if it's cool, wet and windy in Cardiff, when you leave! Going home with a tan will be a bonus :lol:

It will be warm Shayne, that's for sure, but I don't know about ferocious.

Romania has a much drier atmosphere than the UK so temperatures in their low 30s are much easier to cope with than they would be in the UK.

Maybe I've got used to it, but I'm quite happy at 35 degrees.

Spent time in the Middle East too, in Qatar we had 55 on a regular basis in the desert, even though the authorities never ever reported more than 49 degrees, because the limit for construction workers is 50 degrees. There it was 97% humidity as well, I didn't like that at all.

You'll be fine, especially if it's cool, wet and windy in Cardiff, when you leave! Going home with a tan will be a bonus :lol:

dec now and i am still working outside in my work t-shirt,

hope it gets cold soon as i have a new hi- vis jacket to try

Back