Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Clive I'll be there some time 2014, either June or September!! 2015 I have a plan for a long trip east!!

You've been excused then yogi, but PM me if you come next year, it would be great to meet up if I can arrange it! :icon-biggrin:

Romania is on the cards for 2014 for me. Still in the planing stage.

Same goes for you Reinhard, PM me if you would like to meet up. It would be great if your 2014 trip coincided with yogi's. :icon-biggrin:

Its amazing how this trip has take-off so far

U are right time is flying past

Looks like I've hijacked this thread ratrace, but I haven't really! If you and the guys are OK with coming further east we can team up for a few days in or around my area:icon-biggrin:

Already had a word with my co-driver ad he is happy with the extra miles to u so will stay there for the whole trip

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ratrace
Chas
Shayne
Jon Wildsmith
Gary Stockton

maybe from

Gav Peter
Olaz!
Andy Walker

That's 5 and 3 maybies

Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest (for anyone who's interested that is) my house is pinned... The main DN 1 (national road) runs north / south (on the left of this pic) with Brasov to the north and Ploiesti and Bucharest to the south.

image.jpg

possible idea we could use the bank holidays in 2015 to give us extra time

possible dates we could us are-:

3rd and the 6th of April 2015 which are fri and mon

or the 31 st of August 2015 which would be a Monday

Last edited:
possible idea we could use the bank holidays in 2015 to give us extra time

possible dates we could us are-:

3rd and the 6th of April 2015 which are fri and mon

or the 31 st of August 2015 which would be a Monday

These dates are ok in principle. However, April is a little early especially at altitude, where snow remains through May and sometimes into June.

The Transfagarasan, for example, is only open to traffic (for this reason) between July and September with some margin either way.

August is high summer, which would be fine :icon-biggrin:

August would be more preferable - sun, sun, sun ....

There's a song in there somewhere :)

Just for fun, thought I'd start a little data table of the show so far...

Missing info or corrections would be appreciated! :lol:

View attachment 9296

Attachments

• Romania 2015.jpg
    Romania 2015.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
very end of August is a no no for me unfortunately, need to be home 27/8 to 2/9, otherwise I'm easy :lol: There's usually a bank holiday towards the end of May as well.

These dates are ok in principle. However, April is a little early especially at altitude, where snow remains through May and sometimes into June.

The Transfagarasan, for example, is only open to traffic (for this reason) between July and September with some margin either way

Oh i love to play in the snow i have so much fun in Bulgaria near my place.
August is good for me as i would like to be back for the teenage going back to school
For me the two weeks before the bank is ok with me and Wayne (15-8-15 to 31-8-13

As I'm a maybe... I'll tag along with everyone else, but earlier in the year would be better for me if given the choice.

Have we an estimated cost for this. I'd like to show an interest.

How much stuff you needing Clive ? Lol

Back