Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof rack question

He'll be along to tell us otherwise in a bit ;-)

Yes, its quite a sail on top of the Colorado... I am toying with the idea of loosing the top rail...

I watch Col TIGging away in awe when I'm down at the 'shop. He gave me a go but didn't tell me how/what to do so I ended up stuffing the rod onto the tip & buzzing myself... He's a tw@t Col is... ;-)

That's very nice - how much would the material for something like that cost?

Gavlad said:
He gave me a go but didn't tell me how/what to do so I ended up stuffing the rod onto the tip & buzzing myself... He's a tw@t Col is... ;-)
Apologies for the OT but PLEASE tell me you have a video clip of that! :lol:

Gavlad said:
I watch Col TIGging away in awe when I'm down at the 'shop. He gave me a go but didn't tell me how/what to do so I ended up stuffing the rod onto the tip & buzzing myself... He's a tw@t Col is... ;-)
:lol:

Andrew Prince said:
Apologies for the OT but PLEASE tell me you have a video clip of that! :lol:

Yeah, that would the icing on the cake wouldn't it... No video I'm afraid but the ringing in my ears has almost got back to normal levels... Quite a 'shock' when its not expected :oops:

Crispin said:
That's very nice - how much would the material for something like that cost?

I remember thinking the prices of the extrusions weren't too bad at the time but would have to go over it again to see... Prices like that are up & down like fiddles elbows... The expensive part is the welding... Vay time consuming on the alloominum, especially as the welds are not nice long continuous runs... So Col tells me anyway - the tw@t...

I would have done it differently but for time - I wanted it on the truck for that camping trip... I got it the evening before we went away :roll: so that meant for a nice relaxed evening before heading off... NOT!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back