Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rusty?

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys

Am looking at this right now. How bad is this rust? To me it looks bad since its a lot worse than my 120. But realistically is 500 - 750 £ like to sort it?
963cae543fb4211a6f0ec3abf4cbd39c.jpg
005ef83fa84446fe3de26434f1f2db22.jpg
d222ca5d2315566e4cf63dfe47bf801e.jpg
fd358ec6a359c2d32624c88d8722666c.jpg
4f8e52e53b7fcb2a7a06f559a0090282.jpg
c3bcb5a6101d1b48db5e4cc7206f53bb.jpg

Am here at the guys place right now, could use some advise. Thanks.

I wouldn't touch anything like that. Unless it's stupidly cheap. Like £3k

Its £11k done 39k miles. 2005 4.2 amazon with the 5 sp auto

Unless it's very cheap I'd walk away.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TBH my 80 looks better than that with an extra 10 years and 300k + more kms... on top of that truck... and mine's had no special treatment.

80s are usually a fan site better than the 100s Clive.

Id say it's bad enough for 11k on an 05. Hard to give a good answer really just off a photo. I'd be paying very close attention to the body. Chasie wise its good thick steel so wouldn't get it too badly.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Id say it's bad enough for 11k on an 05. Hard to give a good answer really just off a photo. I'd be paying very close attention to the body. Chasie wise its good thick steel so wouldn't get it too badly.

Sad really, vehicle manufacturers should be producing something better with replacement models, and not be in regression.

So glad I'm not looking for a truck after seeing what's on offer these days.

Yes but if you need to replace anything underneath it the bolts will be a t##t to get undone or snap off. I dont think it's worth anywhere near 11k like that. Think of the future problems you will come across something better for a little bit more money be patient.

The body is very clean. Apart from a few small bits and bobs, even the nuts in the tailgate are near mint.

The rear cross bar in the tail bumper is in a very bad state. As are the mount points for the front shockers. To a point where scraping it with the finger nails causes flakes of rust to come off.

This is clearly a truck thats been looked after really well on the top, and the owner forgot there is a chassis under the shinny body.

Appreciate the comments and feedback guys. And thanks to Trevor for talking me through the main problem areas.

KB

Someone else thought this was worth more than I was willing to pay for it, and has now more or less been sold.

hunt continues..

Back