Sad tail about this moteur noise

G

Guest

Guest
Hello the guys, well here I am in gmail because Julien say it is better and
guess what he is right like most every thing so far. We are so lucky to
having webmaster guy so soaked in knowledges.
But I am not writing to say just that. Oh no I have a sad tail to tell you.
Remember my tack tack tack noise when moteur is over 1600 tours? Well I wait
2 weeks for stupide Toyota shop to get me gasket, then my friend with his
own garage take off the rocking cover and checks the valves plays. Oh no
surprise the valves plays is all OK. But there is we have the sad tail
because if valve plays make not the noise than what does???
Compressions rates all good, no smoking comeing from oil filler cap, she
runs like a racing horse using dopage. What could be this butt cheeks tack
tack tack noise? My friend think it may be loosed piston axle. We are take
off cylinder top tomorrow to see if one piston have plays it in. Good think
I have the good job at hopital to pay for this repairs. My wife is laughing
at me because Yaris never need fixing. I tell to her that Yaris does not
have any heart (soul?) either.
Benoit Bernard maintenant en gmail
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi Benoit,
Before you go taking the head off, have you considered that the noise
might be coming from one of the injectors? They can get quite noisey.
I would be inclined to take the injectors off and get them tested by a
local fuel injection specialist - for very little money (often for
free) they would be willing to quickly test the spray patterns on the
injectors and this may show if they are noisey as well.
However, one word of warning - the injectors in the LC are two stage
injectors so are best only tested by someone with experience of LC
injectors. I suggest you chat up the parts guy at your local Toyota
dealership and ask him(her) where they get their injectors serviced.
The only other thing - are you sure the noise is coming from the top of
the engine? Could it be from the Big End bearings?
Which model LC do you have and how many miles has it done?
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Skype: julianvoelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi Benoit
Sad story concerning your LC engine (motor, moteur, what ever :)), but Your
Yaris remark might offend my missis too... She got it in March 2000 and only
problem other than maintenance is a Lamda sonde replacement, quite cheap
anyway. Has run 130KKms, and is as sweet as ever.... original summer tires
and extra winther tires only just replaced with 185/65-14 Goodyear Vector +5
(slightly larger) all-season and that gave additional comfort as well.
14.5kms/liter even with the solid end of missis leg resting heavily on
it most
of the time.. Ask my daughter as well and she'll confirm it is a BEAUTIFULL
car, for most purposes anyway :) It will NEVER draw nor travel like a
Cruiser, of course... so we do have reasons for opting for the real thing
concerning anything with wheels... :)
Without solid knowledge I might guess on your noise anyway: Water pump? Fan
bearing loose so finns are touching something? Anything stuck underneath
interfering with moving parts, drivebelts?
Hope the best for you..
Regards..
Henrik
 
G

Guest

Guest
Oh yes Julien I am negligent on not making known to you the many facts that
do enter in discourse here.
Yes my injectors are new just 2 months ago but that noise she was already
there before. I am not sure what is Big End bearings? but we have put in
new soft metal cushions for rod shafts at crankshaft also 2 months and sad
to say noise was also there before new cushions.
I have 1992 model from Germany with trans auto and the three blocking axles
of origine Toyota.
Benoit
2007/7/19, Julian Voelcker <[Email address removed]>:
>
> Hi Benoit,
>
> > But there is we have the sad tail because if valve plays make not
> > the noise than what does???
>
> Before you go taking the head off, have you considered that the noise
> might be coming from one of the injectors? They can get quite noisey.
>
> I would be inclined to take the injectors off and get them tested by a
> local fuel injection specialist - for very little money (often for
> free) they would be willing to quickly test the spray patterns on the
> injectors and this may show if they are noisey as well.
>
> However, one word of warning - the injectors in the LC are two stage
> injectors so are best only tested by someone with experience of LC
> injectors. I suggest you chat up the parts guy at your local Toyota
> dealership and ask him(her) where they get their injectors serviced.
>
>
> The only other thing - are you sure the noise is coming from the top of
> the engine? Could it be from the Big End bearings?
>
> Which model LC do you have and how many miles has it done?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Julian Voelcker
> Mobile: 07971 540362
> Skype: julianvoelcker
> Cirencester, United Kingdom
> 1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift
>
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
 
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
G

Guest

Guest
Hi Benoit,
OK, it sounds like the big end bearings have been done.
What you need is a Stethoscope - like the things Doctors put in their
ears to listen to your heart/breathing - you can get one for cars with
a long tube on the end.
With one of these you should rev the car up to the 1600rmp and then use
the stethoscope to try to pin down exactly where the noise is coming
from.
See http://tinyurl.com/385gec or the more expensive version:
http://tinyurl.com/2l8wl6
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Skype: julianvoelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift
 
G

Guest

Guest
Well first we are find the cluck cluck noise on front differentiel, now we
think it is these wheel shaftsz between differentiel and beerfield joins. So
we command both from bandit Toyota seller and wait to grow beard while they
try to get them for us. Curse on Yaris part sellers over whole world I said.
2007/7/20, Julian Voelcker <[Email address removed]>:
>
> Hi Benoit,
>
> > I have 1992 model from Germany with trans auto and the three
> > blocking axles of origine Toyota.
>
> OK, it sounds like the big end bearings have been done.
>
> What you need is a Stethoscope - like the things Doctors put in their
> ears to listen to your heart/breathing - you can get one for cars with
> a long tube on the end.
>
> With one of these you should rev the car up to the 1600rmp and then use
> the stethoscope to try to pin down exactly where the noise is coming
> from.
>
> See http://tinyurl.com/385gec or the more expensive version:
> http://tinyurl.com/2l8wl6
> --
> Regards,
>
> Julian Voelcker
> Mobile: 07971 540362
> Skype: julianvoelcker
> Cirencester, United Kingdom
> 1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift
>
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Benoit
differentiel, now we think it is these wheel shaftsz between
differentiel and beerfield joins
How did you come to this conclusion - was it the worn splines you were
talking about before?
I have clunking noise also and am about to replace the beerfields - I
hope that gets rid of the clunk. Nothing worse that fixing one thing
then finding out it didn't fix the problem at all.....
Plus its a messy and time consuming job getting into the front axel
Cheers
Niall
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi the Niall well we conclusion this because nothing left other in front
transmission is not renewed! My beerfirds are all new and the little wheel
stub? shafts too with bigger hdj81 beerfields and bearings. So, no questions
the cluck cluck is not there. But the wheel shafts between beerfields and
differentiel are some bit a lot worn down on the canures. After wait for
Toyota shop - 2 weeks butt cheeks! to get shafts we put them on tomorrow.
I tell you all the guys tomorrow night I hope if it cluck not more after
putting them on.
2007/7/30, Niall Somers <[Email address removed]>:
>
> Benoit
>
> > Re - Well first we are find the cluck cluck noise on front
> differentiel, now we think it is these wheel shaftsz between
> differentiel and beerfield joins
>
> How did you come to this conclusion - was it the worn splines you were
> talking about before?
>
> I have clunking noise also and am about to replace the beerfields - I
> hope that gets rid of the clunk. Nothing worse that fixing one thing
> then finding out it didn't fix the problem at all.....
>
> Plus its a messy and time consuming job getting into the front axel
>
> Cheers
>
> Niall
>
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Ok the guys we have reportage just from my friend garagiste. I will use the
words Julien told me and us:
>Power goes to the CV from the Differential (in the middle of the axle) via
a Halfshaft.
Voila this Halfshaft is making was the noise! The worn down Splines on the
end was making cluck cluck noise when steeering wheel is turned and
differentiel is locked. We put in new Halfshafts in both sides and voila no
more noise is.
Now we must take off cylinder culasse (big block with soupapes in it over
pistons) and find moteur noise too. Courage I need the guys and some whiskey
for patience too.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Benoit
Re > Voila this Halfshaft is making was the noise! The worn down
Splines on the
end was making cluck cluck noise when steeering wheel is turned and
differentiel is locked. We put in new Halfshafts in both sides and
voila no
more noise is.
Good to hear one piece of the puzzle is fixed.
Was it the splines on the end that go into the Diff that were worn?
How much were the half shafts - and do you have the part numbers
handy?
Cheers
Niall
 
G

Guest

Guest
OK well Niall I say these splines were worn when they go into the
beerfield joins, but we put close eye on them and they not look worn!
Big mystery but new Halfshafts is fixed the problem, no more clucking
noise. So when the day is end we must concluded they was infact worn
by beerfields.
I can get for you price et part number some time this week but we must
be actual to each other I might forget to. So ask at me again OK?
2007/8/7, Niall Somers <[Email address removed]>:
 
G

Guest

Guest
Benoit
Re> OK well Niall I say these splines were worn when they go into the
beerfield joins, but we put close eye on them and they not look worn!
Its a mystery alright.
Re-packed my beerfields recently and there was no clunk before, but
there was after. I never noticed any worn splines but was not looking
for them either... mystery of the bierfields
I bet when I change out my CV's I'll end up with the same problem -
having to go back in and swap out the half shafts!
Dirty dirty job.
Cheers
Niall
HDJ80
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks