Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sankey Trailer Thread

I was working cutting some big logs at weekend too..

log_winch.jpg

Attachments

• log_winch.jpg
    log_winch.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 107
Thats the way Andy :cool: Nice job :mrgreen:

Got most of mine split down to peices that are likely to fit in the burner - still a few big lumps to go though...

Cheers

You might find that a wide track Sankey suits your purpose better, it has a bigger tub and tailgate. the wheel track is made to match a 110 the old sankey you have there is an old narrow track for series vehicles.

The wheel bearings, springs etc were all standard landrover parts for interchangeability

Great trailers I have one too.

PS the last of them, were wide track and wolf spec with hydraulic disc brakes.

PPS the reason the military scrapped them all is that they were not legal in europe as they had no break away cable so if you take yours abroad you need to rig up a brake away cable, in case you get stopped. You also need to add a chassis plate for some countries as not all the european required data is on the military plate.

COMLETELY OFF TOPIC AND APOLOGIES.
@Andy Cook.
I see a husqvarna chainsaw in the pic.
Thinking between one of them and a stihl.
Husky and good??

Yes its a nice Husky chainsaw. its a professional one, 50cc and 15" bar so ideal for lots of crosscutting work.
There seems to be almost as mucgh rivalry between Husky and Stihl owners as landrovers and toyota owners.

but in this case they are both reliable tools :)

the dealer i bought my chainsaw at (Strathbogie saws in Huntly) recommended the Husky for the use i required.
he steered me away from cheaper and lower powered "hobby" saws.

My brother has a Stihl and my dad a husky.

all in all they both seem to do the job well.

happy chainsaw shopping!

Back