Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sat Nav

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
New to the forum so please forgive me if its already been done. I have a 2003 120 series which has the earlier sat nav. I received a cd box with the software that must have included the maps etc. The only problem was that the cd wasn't in the box although I assume that the software has already been loaded. My questions are: Is the early satnav worth carrying on with or should I stick to my Garmin satnav which can be updated quite easily? Also, can these early satnavs be updated and how?

Thanks in anticipation.

Does yours have the touch screen system? I have the LC4, which does not have a touch screen, and although its a but basic and clunky it works well in that it always gets me there, and does have the traffic avoidance built in, which I must say is good.
Ok, not the easiest to add destinations, as it does not do full post codes, and with a 2003 system the maps will be a bit old, but as I understand it you can purchase a updated dvd from Toyota but its expensive.

Really up to you, but you can buy a good aftermarket sat nav for about the same price, which you can use elsewhere.

Many thanks Tony. Your reply is really helpful. The best bet may be a combination of after-market satnav and Toyota traffic avoidance.

The CD should still be in the unit under your (driver's) seat.

I've used it on occasion but do prefer my Navman for an ease of use.

Thanks Crispin. I didn't even know there was something under the drivers seat! :oops:

Hotton, on the LC5 the DVD system is under driver's seat. Access it from passenger footwell area. I've also PM'd you. If you have a 5 and the display in the car shows maps etc etc you already have a DVD in there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks NC. I appreciate the thought. Sorry to hear about your Cruiser.

Back