Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sat phone

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Right then

Another item im needing ticked off the list.

After buying a sat phone a while ago,receiving it and it didnt even turn on. Just got myself another.

Brought the same as rob (jons old one)

Thyra or however you spell it 7100. Brought off ebay. Sorry if any off you others bid on it. He says he had used it once so should be a good phone.

Need a excuse to use it now. Where dont you get any phone signal in uk. EEERRRRRMMMM
WALES :dance:

karl wester said:
Right thenAnother item im needing ticked off the list.After buying a sat phone a while ago,receiving it and it didnt even turn on. Just got myself another.Brought the same as rob (jons old one)Thyra or however you spell it 7100. Brought off ebay. Sorry if any off you others bid on it. He says he had used it once so should be a good phone.Need a excuse to use it now. Where dont you get any phone signal in uk. EEERRRRRMMMM WALES :dance:
What you gonna do with your old one Karl? :pray:

Sent it the idiots back and told them i wanted a full refund mate. :thumbup:

My local Pub is notorious for bad phone reception......no seriously. Great place to check out "alternative communications" and I'm sure the reception will worse after a few beers too :dance:

Sounds good trevor.How many beers could we have before the signal gets worse :think:

In my local Karl, everything is negotiable. What do want it to be? Landlord cut is very reasonable :clap: This is why I use it on a summer "working from home day"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
karl wester said:
Brought the same as rob (jons old one)

Thyra or however you spell it 7100.
Wow is that what phone I have :o How do you remember such things?

I think it is rob. I thought i remembered gav saying that was what it was. :thumbup:

Gav too? I have just checked and your right, well almost as its a 7101 :mrgreen:

Your must be newer than mine then. Or ive got the model wrong of mine. Long as it works and does the job ill be like a pig in muck next time i break down :lol:

karl wester said:
I think it is rob. I thought i remembered gav saying that was what it was. :thumbup:
Yeah, I defo told you it was a phone buddy :thumbup:

Heck, you were spent so long with it on that bleak Welsh hillside after we left you for dead, how could you ever forget what it was??? :p

I knew exactly waht is was. Hour after hour,day after day and night after night just sat on the top of that hill left for dead with enough water left by my friends for half a cup of tea. I drank that after five mins being left on my own.

I still carnt sleep at night now properly.

Oh man, my heart is bleeding right now... I just get so emotional just thinking about it too... You really need to learn the art of rationing for next time eh??? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you not notice how much water i had with me the last time out??

I wasnt going to die of thirst again thats for sure

Damn right you won't buddy but you might need spring helpers soon carrying that oil drum around with you!!!

Glad you did for the peaks trip though - can't beleive I forgot water completely!!! Coffee tastes odd when brewed from swamp water & white wine residues!!! :lol:

Hi all

I have tried my pay monthly orange sim card in my thuraya sat phone and it doesnt work.

I carnt find the post where people were talking about being able to do this.

Any help or ideas would be great thanks

karl

Am I right in assuming that as you borrowed and used Rob's you know about pointing it in the right direction and looking for bars on the sat symbol? Does it even flash the sat symbol? Somewhere in the menu's you can change wether it's dual mode or sat only I think?

Ye i have done all that jon. The phone is reading strong signal on sat and gsm mode yet when i try to make a call it just rejects it :cry:

Back