Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Save me someone!!!!

Well at least it's not a rare manual.

Hmm unmolested he says - with a winch, CB, All Terrains, MP3 etc etc fitted. Well it looks lovely but it's not blue. Tell you what Andy, you buy it and I'll have it in 18 months. Ha Ha.

It is a very good looking 80 to be sure but a worrying number of Milner receipts. Just what HAVE they fitted. Hopefully inner axle oil seals won't be on that list, eh?

I'd say the money was right too. Someone needs to buy it and quick.

TBF Chris its a great looking thing but I wouldn't choose it to drive over you green one or the 24V import I'm driving at the min. The "stick and pedal" set up is ok but looses its appeal after a few miles.

Have you noticed the sellers name? Is it the guys who did a spell inside I wonder

This is the one I mentioned popped up yesterday Andy.
7 probably 8 owners though.
If only it was an auto hey :icon-cool:

Just been stuck on the M6 on way and back from the NEC confirming I would like an auto :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It really can only be judged with a viewing. I'd say it looks better than average of the later 80's which are left. The previous owner certainly wasn't someone who didn't know how to look after a Cruiser or it wouldn't be as good as it is. It amazes me still how these 80's keep appearing but traders seem to get then.

Along with the headlamp washer and the mudflap missing, it looks like it does not have a 80 series front bumper, it might be just me but something looks off with that front end, also the right rear mudflap looks like it has a non standard screw holding the top of it to the wheel arch flare, extension, and the drivers seat has a missing button on the seat controls, the radiator has the filler cap on the opposite side to where I expected to see it and the top tank of the rad is smooth not ribbed like all the 80 rads I have seen. the winch appears to have been wired to the lhs battery not the rhs.
It also has rock sliders not side steps and the lower panel with the front indicators looks like it is a different color to the rest of the bodywork.
To me this looks to be a far from unmolested example.
I wonder what one of our more knowledgeable member would find wrong with this vehicle if inspected in the flesh.
Last point, I don't like photo's of wet cars as the water on the body work is useful for disguising faults in the paint work.

Edit, I see the advert lists the side steps but someone not intending to take a vehicle off the tarmac would not go to the expense of fitting them, makes me suspicious of what the vehicle has been used for or planned to be used for for and why it is now for sale.

Last edited:
Along with the headlamp washer and the mudflap missing, it looks like it does not have a 80 series front bumper, it might be just me but something looks off with that front end, also the right rear mudflap looks like it has a non standard screw holding the top of it to the wheel arch flare, extension, and the drivers seat has a missing button on the seat controls, the radiator has the filler cap on the opposite side to where I expected to see it and the top tank of the rad is smooth not ribbed like all the 80 rads I have seen. the winch appears to have been wired to the lhs battery not the rhs.
It also has rock sliders not side steps and the lower panel with the front indicators looks like it is a different color to the rest of the bodywork.
To me this looks to be a far from unmolested example.
I wonder what one of our more knowledgeable member would find wrong with this vehicle if inspected in the flesh.
Last point, I don't like photo's of wet cars as the water on the body work is useful for disguising faults in the paint work.

Well spotted on the indicator panel. The rad is genuine and come like that on the later 80s. Not up on winches but as you mentioned its taken from the starting battery.the bumper is genuine but has the plastic inserts missing in the centre of he bumper.

I expect there will be a lot of issues and things covered up on this but only a close inspection would prove it.

I don't suppose it matters whos selling the truck as long as everything is ok and above board. Don't think I'd be interested in going to see it though.

The winch is wired to that battery because that's where the alternator sends power. It's not the starting battery. They both do that. Obviously it need to be wired correctly so that it doesn't fall foul of the 24v starting mechanism. I wouldn't put that down as a detractor.

When jumping a cruiser Chris you should only take the jump leads from the drivers battery. Wouldn't this be a similar situation with the winch? Not up on electrics at all

If we're being picky, it has the wrong exhaust rear section for its year to add to the list of things wrong with it.

No Karl. Jump starting and wring a winch are not the same. When the key isn't being turned, the battery is just a battery. Now if you were actually winching and started at engine at the very same time there might be an issue but only if the earth on the winch had been connected to the chassis perhaps. The PS battery doesn't get 24v across it you know.

No Karl. Jump starting and wring a winch are not the same. When the key isn't being turned, the battery is just a battery. Now if you were actually winching and started at engine at the very same time there might be an issue but only if the earth on the winch had been connected to the chassis perhaps. The PS battery doesn't get 24v across it you know.

Got you.:thumbup:

What are yours thoughts on the seller andy?

Thats as difficult one to answer matey as I dont know who they are. However, whoever they are wouldn't stop me going to see it if I wanted that kind of thing. If it is examined and comes up to scratch it is what it is and its either bought or left. the only thing which would make me walk away is if they were reluctant to let me examine then it would be all over.
It looks to me that their general market is for the more "rough and ready" clientele with the kind of vehicles they have on offer.
On the matter of the missing seat knob it looks more like the rake adjustment part of the switch has been broken, this will mean getting another complete switch unit and fitting it to the seat. I think this is caused getting in and out and sliding against it. I don't know what sort of a job this is, can you enlighten me Karl? (I need to know as I have to do it on a seat myself)

Thats as difficult one to answer matey as I dont know who they are. However, whoever they are wouldn't stop me going to see it if I wanted that kind of thing. If it is examined and comes up to scratch it is what it is and its either bought or left. the only thing which would make me walk away is if they were reluctant to let me examine then it would be all over.
It looks to me that their general market is for the more "rough and ready" clientele with the kind of vehicles they have on offer.
On the matter of the missing seat knob it looks more like the rake adjustment part of the switch has been broken, this will mean getting another complete switch unit and fitting it to the seat. I think this is caused getting in and out and sliding against it. I don't know what sort of a job this is, can you enlighten me Karl? (I need to know as I have to do it on a seat myself)

Agreed mate on the above.

As for the seat. Only taken on out and can't really remember. Wouldn't have thought it would be a massive job.

Back