Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland in the floods

RichC4

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
A bit less exciting than Africa but I just got back from a few days in Galloway. We arrived just as the torrential rains arrived (amber warning the first day, yellow the others). At this point I was very glad I was in the 90 and not my car. First morning we left the place we stayed at (middle of nowhere) and almost immediately ran into a flood.

IMG-20211028-WA0002.jpg

Not too bad apart from someone killing a volvo in the middle which meant getting close to the edge of the road to get round. Luckily there was enough solid ground. Depth maybe a foot, two bars up a five bar gate at least.

Next stop was a forest drive, I guess the closest to a green lane you can have in Scotland. It was rather picturesque and also largely solid since its used for timber trucks.

IMG_20211028_112851__01.jpg

There was also a small river running across the road, I don't think this is a normal feature of the route.

IMG_20211028_121339.jpg

The weather calmed down a bit after that, just some minor surface water floods.
All in all though a great trip that could have been ruined in a less capable vehicle.

Always good to have a capable vehicle for the conditons
i hope you were not camping !

We had a small holiday cottage, it turned out to be a good decision!

Tbh it needs a bit of paint tlc, the lacquer is peeling on the roof.

Mines in tomorrow, bonnet scuttle panel and roof, to rectify a previous attempt by someone with no skill at all. You can't see it in the pics but I'm not happy with it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back