Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seek and ye shall...part deux..

Citizen Brown

Country Flag
england
I was adamant that only a late 24v manual in white would suffice. So here it is....can someone please tell me how to upload photos?

Well done CB & welcome to the fold

Is it a gold, 94 auto. I stuck to my exact requirements too :laughing-rolling:

Just click the little green square icon above your post and it will bring up a box to add photos. Crispin added a sticky on this the other day. Start there if you can't work the box thing.

donkey.JPG

Yes Chris, I only managed one out of my 3 criteria!! it is a manual.

Picked it up from a dealer in Burnley who had taken it in part exchange - last owner 10 years 193,000 miles. Service book a bit sporadic.

Good points - it seems overall to be in good condition. It is a VX but no leather, good set of tyres and what looks like a recent exhaust.

Bad points - missing spare wheel, rear wiper motor and boot floor is rotted by about 15cmx 15cm. Off to Karl's tomorrow to pick up ACL's and a few bits.On test drive it was smoking white - a bottle of Comma Diesel stuff into 30L of "advanced" diesel and an "Italian tune-up" seems to have cleared that

So aside from BEB's and general service items where should I look to do preventative maintenance? I see this as a fill-in truck until I can capture a late model 24v so don't want to go mad on the spending.

One thing I would like some input on is that when backing off from hard acceleration there is quite a wobble. Am I in for new shockers or is it something else.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

And I was kidding... Who knew.

If you are coming down the M1 and maybe coming off at 29 drop by and I'll have a look at it for you. You can go past my door to get to Karl's Cruiser Emporium.

Chris

Looks good stuff. All manuals of that age were cloth interior, all autos had leather and air con as standard, Air con was optional on manuals.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For the wobble I would check all aspects of the drivetrain from loose flanges, loose prop bolts, worn u/j's,worn slip joints, right through to loose wheel nuts,then move to the steering side of things, go through steering joints, somewhere along the line you should find something loose/worn.
Hope it found and a cheap fix.

Andy

Thanks Andy - i will check the drive-train first. Coming over snake pass and backing off down a hill got it wobbling good style.

Chris - thanks for the invite but until BEB's done it is moving nowhere- going to Karls in Hi Lux. I will take you up on your kind offer as i would appreciate a grand-master looking over it. I think a front axle rebuild is required and I am following your thread with interest.

Ahh, gotcha.

Maybe you could meet Andy and I together Chez Laughton and we could give it a look over in style.

Chris Andy, yes thanks for the kind invite as soon as bearings done i will head over to see you. Called at Karls today and picked up some bearings, spare etc and Simon Toyota is sorting a few other bits. Both of these guys are very helpful

Back