Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shaky dash

warrenpfo

It can't just be me but my left hand side of the dash vibrates when in gear but stopped on the brakes.

Any ideas how to stop it

Probably some missing fixing bolts Warren. But, IIRC, you've had all of the dash panels off, I think? Did you miss any bolts or clips on re-assembly?

My dash doesn't rattle or vibrate, but I've always been over-the-top on wheel balancing and the like. Maybe one of your front shockers is under-performing and causing oscillations, which under braking is less apparent...:think:

Clive it's not whilst slowing down but rather only once stopped.

As you say defiantly a resonance thing I think and I have not had the dash out but will consult the FSM to see how best to attack the problem.

Funny that it's only the passenger side

Most probably is a missing fixing then Warren.

I'm surprised you didn't have the dash off, you stripped everything else out of the truck doing the soundproofing :lol:

It's on the list but looks to be quite an involved process and if I am still to change from brown cloth the grey leather it kind of makes sense to do it then.

My experience with dash boards is they never quite go back as you took them out but I am sure we will get it right.

Just the thought of it frightens me Warren! I have to take mine off at some stage to renew all the illumination bulbs. None of the heater controls light up anymore. The speedo and tacho dials are illuminated, but little else :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back