Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Short wheel base phazed out in UK ?????

Shayne

Guru
A few days of looking for a swb 90 - 120 - 150 and its seem's to me the 2002 swb 90 were the last Toyota sold in UK and if i'm ever to replace my truck with another swb i either buy it in Ireland or quit Toyota altogether .

Try Northern Ireland Shayne. Definitely some swb 120's knocking about there. Would save re-registration for you. Also 95% of the swb cruisers of any age here are commercial. Just the little matter of €1494 to tax a passenger one

Yeah thanks Bob i knew about the tax but i would never have guessed it was that much which explains why most are vans !

Mitsubishi seem to be the only ones still selling swb 4x4's (of the off road kind) i would love to know the reason behind it .

Last edited:
There were some 120 and 150 series SWB's around when I was over last, but definitely more common in NI than on the mainland.

There are uk registered swb 120's over here there is even a 64plate swb 150 in what looks like a main dealer in Cheltenham at the moment if anyone is feeling a bit flush.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A SWB 3 door version of the LC is still available new. Wheelbase is 14" shorter than the 4 door version. The demand for SWB models is obviously much smaller. If you need an off road capable 'van' for whatever reason then a SWB commercial variant of the LC is ideal but, for private use, most people will prefer the convenience and space of the larger 5 door version. JMO

Back