Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side Steps

Compact3

Having ordered a new set of side steps from Direct 4X4 they tell me that no drilling is required as the holes to take the bracket supports are already there. I know I use glasses sometimes, but with a torch and a wife we cannot see any ready made holes that would take two screws one above the other with an inch and a half separation, according to them there would be 4 sets which should line up with the holes in the bracket position. As I have the 1995 GS model I was wondering whether this came with holes already drilled and tapped and I cannot find them, or was it the VX only. Thy refer to the Amazon all the time. Thoughts would be welcome.
John

Cheers for that Karl. I assume then that there would be no holes pre drilled as Direct 4x4 seem to think.
John

I've got a gs at the min with steps. I'll pop my head under the truck Tomoz and let you knOw what's what.

Cheers karl

The holes should be there. Toyota generally don't do that sort of thing. It's easier to put holes in and not use them than to be selective about which body shells you leave them off.

Chris

Could they be there, but filled? with underseal, so you can't see them?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for all the info/advice. Having just returned from the Three Pigeons in Ruthin. I will look again tomorrow.
John

There are no center holes for side steps on my vehicle.
I have bolted them up on the end 2 holes and will probably have to drill holes for the center brackets

Cheers Spit. I thought that was the case. It would seem that pre drilled holes or captive bolts are only on the VX model
John

Side steps now fitted. There were no predrilled holes apart from the 2 at each end, and the holes in the support brackets would only fit one of them. So self tappers used in the middle section and only one at the end. will spot weld probably.
John

Back