Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slide out Shower

Daniel911

I have been thinking of installing a slide out frame on the bottom of my roof rack that I can hang a shower curtain style privacy surround on to use as a quick, rest stop privacy room for changing, showers, or rest room facilities. I think it would be much quicker to depoly than the typical free standing shower room. I'm sure that someone, or many have you have done this before but I can't find anything specific while searching the threads.

I am invisioning just installing two pipes under my roof rack (one towards front, the other near the rear of rack) with a smaller diameter U shaped pipe that would slide into them and provide a suspended frame that extends out over the side of the truck cab in which I can attach a curtain to.

I would love to know what others opinions on this are and if anyone has examples or pictures of what they did would be great! Thanks

I recalled Paul (Bat21) doing something like this for his 80... so a little searching came up with this.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with - as taking teenagers to the beach may become much less painful :roll:

Back