Snag list - V2

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Folks,

I'm back from a great trip to Chicago. Wish I could say I am happy to be back yudda yudda.

Anyway, I know there were a few things while I was away and some on-going issues people are having so here's a new list to condense them all.

If you have any problems with the forum like the latest posts, the mobile theme etc etc, post here please.
Keep the posts to "this is what I have a problem with" and let's keep the "yes, I also have that" unless it is constructive. The last list go messed up with noise and many discussion in it so I lost track / missed problems / got bored etc.

I'll be able to work through the issues as we go.

As it stands, I think the outstanding ones are:
  • the ability to view the latest posts is still odd
  • the mobile theme is lacking the ability to view the normal theme.

Get rid of that 'Test' link :thumbup:

I'm still not getting the 'more' link for smileys.

Get rid of the "are you really really sure that you want to log?" out prompt. Yes, that's why I clicked Log Out.

Chris

When I go into a forum eg The Lounge I always end up at the bottom of the page and have to keep scrolling up, nothing serious just a minor inconvenience.

Cheers

Phil

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Paul: Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jon Ah, thanks Jon. Oddly, when I change it nothing happens. I've also added a link to the footer now which is "view full site" so you can just click on it.

(No idea why my quotes stopped working)

I'm still not getting the 'more' link for smileys.

Chas, please send a screen print. The print screen button on your keyboard, not F12.
On every browser I have tried I get either a more link or more button.

When I go into a forum eg The Lounge I always end up at the bottom of the page and have to keep scrolling up, nothing serious just a minor inconvenience.

Cheers

Phil

Got an example of the link you using Phil? Can't say that has ever happened to me.

Chas, please send a screen print. The print screen button on your keyboard, not F12.
On every browser I have tried I get either a more link or more button.
Where is the screen print button Crispin? the only button I have that says print is F12. :think:

Where is the screen print button Crispin? the only button I have that says print is F12. :think:
If you're using a normal PC and normal keyboard, it should be above or near the page up / down, delete keys. It's sometimes abbreviated to something like prt scn etc.

If you're using a normal PC and normal keyboard, it should be above or near the page up / down, delete keys. It's sometimes abbreviated to something like prt scn etc.

There is a button on which is
PrtScn, is that it, and please excuse my ignorance, but how do you use it, I pressed it but nothing seemed to happen. :think:

Last edited:
ah, cool. so once you press it, open a new email to me and in the area where you type, paste as you normally would. it should past an image of what was on your screen.

ah, cool. so once you press it, open a new email to me and in the area where you type, paste as you normally would. it should past an image of what was on your screen.

I think that is it
email sent.

Got an example of the link you using Phil? Can't say that has ever happened to me.

Got it slightly wrong, its when I come out of a topic such as this one and back into the lounge I end up down the bottom.
Haven't quite figured how to send links yet:oops:

Hope you enjoyed your hols.

Phil

Holiday was good thanks.

How do you come out of a topic? Click back in the browser or click on "Lounge" in the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page?

If the former, I have no control over that. Weird, as it should take you back to the place you were last viewing, so if you clicked on a topic half way down the page, it should bring that back into view, if the topic was top of the page, it should bring you to that.

If you're clicking on the "lounge" link in " Forum The Club House Lounge" at the top of the page, that should show the top of Lounge. If not, something odd is indeed happening and I can look into it.

As for new posts, Chris and I did some testing last night with it. I really cannot see that it is not working. If anyone disagrees, please let me know so I can look into it.

Clicking on the "unread posts" button at the top will show you unread posts. I read one of Chris' posts and it vanished from my unread posts. When I replied to it, it did not show in my unread posts (obviously, I replied) but when I logged in as Chris, I could see it at the top of the list. When I read it, it again vanished. When Jon replied, it reappeared.
That is how it should work. If someone has other issues with it, then let me know. Please don't say "it just does not feel right". I need something to work with.

As for new posts, Chris and I did some testing last night with it. I really cannot see that it is not working. If anyone disagrees, please let me know so I can look into it.

Clicking on the "unread posts" button at the top will show you unread posts. I read one of Chris' posts and it vanished from my unread posts. When I replied to it, it did not show in my unread posts (obviously, I replied) but when I logged in as Chris, I could see it at the top of the list. When I read it, it again vanished. When Jon replied, it reappeared.
That is how it should work. If someone has other issues with it, then let me know. Please don't say "it just does not feel right". I need something to work with.

It took me a while to get my head around that as that is different to the old forum software, but I have to say I much prefer it now :thumbup:

Back