Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkels

Don't worry Gav, it'll be very closely monitored and it's not an open invatation to anyone with a spanner :lol:

Nick

I suppose it would be just a case of making the wires look pretty and making sure that they would cover the hole on the other side as IMO it would look daft with different ones on either side

Chris

BIG clean GREEN said:
Chris cast a seed in my mind the other day, he wondered why snorkel manufacturers don't include indicators in the snorkel body, I've been searching the net for flush mount types and found these :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150593073932&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Possibility do you think, if I were able to post the wires through the body of the snorkel ?

Are you thinking of putting it into the snorkel body :?: if you are then your just about to create a weak spot and potential leak Ive been green laning before and the lane has been that tight that the snorkel body has brushed along the bank/siding I'm not sure how a lens would hold up and then you would have a direct hole for water to get in but if Ive got this all wrong then just ignore me :lol:

P.s My l/c hasn't got a snorkel but my disco before this did :thumbup:
Joe

I am with you, basically just relocate the indicator to somewhere else in the wing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
silvercruiser said:
Ive been green laning before and the lane has been that tight that the snorkel body has brushed along the bank/siding

Not sure I'd ever want to get that close, I might scratch my pride and joy :snooty:

It was just a thought :thumbup:

dont ever go to Shropshire laning then, they all appear to be goarse bush sided down that way, looks like you have gone down the sides of your truck with a brillo pad by the time you have finished

BIG clean GREEN said:
silvercruiser said:
Ive been green laning before and the lane has been that tight that the snorkel body has brushed along the bank/siding

Not sure I'd ever want to get that close, I might scratch my pride and joy :snooty:

It was just a thought :thumbup:

I never did either :lol: but it was a case of driving the lane and then thinking i wish id walked this first :lol:

Joe

For those that purchased.....snorkles were dispatched yesterday, hopefully they will be delivered by close of play tomorrow otherwise the bank holiday will screw things up till next week :roll:

Mine arrived today, thanks. Now I just need a hole saw and the bravery to do it...

Brother told me Mine also arrived today, This is probably the first time I can't wait to get back off holiday

Where's mine :character-spongebobdance: I hope it's here before 2pm as I'm going :auto-camptrailer: for the weekend !

Is it fitted yet Nick. Is it, huh? Well is it? 'Spose you want it done before Lincoomb

Chris

No it's not, but I've ran up and down the road with it, pretending to be a car :lol: Yea are you about next Weds evening or poss Thursday ????????????????????????????????????????? I'm shutting down now until Monday night as we're off to the wedding :thumbup: Pls send me a text if you're available for a fitting evening, so I can arrange it with Mrs Nick ( she's not in a good place mate, following the accident, so I want to keep her informed of EVERYTHING whats happening around her!)

Cheers,

Btw, when someones got one fitted, I'd appreciate some feedback on ease of fitting, as the fitting diagram they come with is pretty rudimentary and I haven't done one myself. Also, if anyone can supply some photos of one fitted that I could use (with your permission) I'd be very grateful, I only have one horrible stock photo from the factory at the moment. Cheers.

FYI, I have now sold out of the left hand mounted 90 snorkels but still have a few righ hand ones left. More are on order though.

Back