Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

Temperature up now to 4 degrees and it’s all disappearing very rapidly.

Same here Rich, 4C and everything dripping.

image.jpg

Blueish sky and sunshine :lol:

Chicken bones?
Well I've just driven 316 miles this morning. It's warmer and no rattling. Im guessing the bones have melted. Taunton and back. Took extra supplies incase there was chaos on the motorways but nothing. So much for the red zone....
The most snow I saw was at my final destination...
20180303_092107.jpg
Woo! I'm getting there!

Well I've just driven 316 miles this morning. It's warmer and no rattling. Im guessing the bones have melted. Taunton and back. Took extra supplies incase there was chaos on the motorways but nothing. So much for the red zone....
The most snow I saw was at my final destination...
View attachment 141268
Woo! I'm getting there!

Looking good there Nick :thumbup:

Which roof rack you got there?

Looking good there Nick :thumbup:

Which roof rack you got there?
front runner slimline 2. The tent is the exact same size as it so i had problems attaching it. It won't sit flush on the rack because its sitting on the clips at each end rather than them being inbetween the slats. if it was 6 inches longer it would be perfect. Gonna try flipping the rack over and the tent slightly off one end to see if it makes a difference. thankfully i borrowed some ratchet straps from work so its safely tucked up in the garage now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one Nick. The shopping list must be getting towards the bottom now, the truck is well sorted.

Nice one Nick. The shopping list must be getting towards the bottom now, the truck is well sorted.
The list gets shorter and then you buy something which then makes the list a bit longer. I'm happy with the tent, not that ive looked at it much, checked it went up and down, that the ladder was in there with the cushions, mattress. Its one of them mini ones.
IMG-20180303-WA0013.jpeg
Ok it's kinda second hand from the dealer, used it for show but it was half price. Seen a few come n go on eBay but wasn't at that stage. This one popped up so Mr MasterCard said he'd get it for me.
Screenshot_20180223-182735.png

front runner slimline 2. The tent is the exact same size as it so i had problems attaching it. It won't sit flush on the rack because its sitting on the clips at each end rather than them being inbetween the slats. if it was 6 inches longer it would be perfect. Gonna try flipping the rack over and the tent slightly off one end to see if it makes a difference. thankfully i borrowed some ratchet straps from work so its safely tucked up in the garage now.

Been looking Nick at the same front runner slimline 2 or perhaps some rhino rails for my planned overland roof tent application this year. Was interested in the maggiolina but swinging round to the howling moon tents now. Thats interesting that it docent fit right on something of a after thought was it?

I thought it would fit, i have the brackets for it, that they make for it... but it just doesnt
IMG-20180303-WA0011.jpeg IMG-20180303-WA0009.jpeg
I'm thinking if I flip the rack over and have the tent off one end slightly all will be good

I hate digging. You need a front loader mate.
Jack recommends one of these..
View attachment 141225

Haha.. yes be handy one of those! But be getting into material moving and I pay too much council tax to do that lol!

In concentrating on compaction! With the teleporter with no forks and you use the carrage to knock off the high in the middle and it gets compacted by the tyres! Had a fair bit more last night!
20180303_115025.jpg

So this was a challenge this morning! 4 attempts to get to the top this time! Very heavy going!
20180303_122010.jpg

Better today as it's packed snow under the new fall from last night. Its warmer and the winds gone now! All good fun tho!:thumbup::icon-biggrin:

I thought it would fit, i have the brackets for it, that they make for it... but it just doesnt
View attachment 141274 View attachment 141275
I'm thinking if I flip the rack over and have the tent off one end slightly all will be good

Wow surprising bad luck there wouldn't have known that Nick. I'm sure your happy with the tent though although may not be inviting to use in that weather...lol

I've got first refusal on one of those tents at work :icon-biggrin: they seem good quality etc.

Bloody abandoned Landrover spelt the end of this rd. Owner nowhere to be seen. The other big problem is front shovels just pushing the snow into a heap and not even the ploughs are going to pass it so those people living beyond are really stuck. All roads were passable up to about 200m then the drifts were pretty steep
WP_20180302_15_53_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20180302_15_52_45_Pro.jpg WP_20180302_16_36_13_Pro.jpg

Just arrived at our place, roads are clear now, no snow for 2 days and sunny.

Still 30 cm of snow on the grass and we’ve got some ice off the gutters...

View attachment 141236 View attachment 141237 View attachment 141238 View attachment 141239

View attachment 141240

View attachment 141241
Snow is a stranger to us but your icicles look very pretty.Are you on tank water or a public supply.I’m just amazed at what people go through.Good luck with everything.Pat

Couldn’t you have just pushed the Lame Rover out the way Mr Bean style Glen? :lol:
Did it have one of those ‘Best 4x4xfar’ stickers on it?

Went for a trundle round Crymych way yesterday in the 120, still a few drifts but melting quickly. Atrac kicked in once, but otherwise the Nokian WRs (on when I got it) did well.

Currently without a landcruiser, i am using an Audi a4 1.9tdi quattro with winter tyres on, there's quit a steep hill close to where i live which was so called impassible, i was stopped at the bottom & told there were three landrovers half way up that were stuck, i had a go and had no problems, very impressed with the audi's capability's.

Went for a trundle round Crymych way yesterday in the 120, still a few drifts but melting quickly. Atrac kicked in once, but otherwise the Nokian WRs (on when I got it) did well.

Nice to see a familiar place name crop up, I used to live in Hermon 2 miles down the long straight from Crymych going towards Lanfyrnach (if I remembered the spelling correctly)...

Very nice part of the world to be.... :lol: :thumbup:

Currently without a landcruiser, i am using an Audi a4 1.9tdi quattro with winter tyres on, there's quit a steep hill close to where i live which was so called impassible, i was stopped at the bottom & told there were three landrovers half way up that were stuck, i had a go and had no problems, very impressed with the audi's capability's.
I would say its as much to do with your winter tyres as the audi.
Its law in germany to put winter tyres on. As you can imagine theres plenty of bms and the like driving about happily in the snow,they get plenty of it in bavaria too.

Back