Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

Blessed with a few flakes this morning.
IMG_1417.JPG

I might just walk to church.

We had around 7" of snow in the night. Very mixed conditions out there. I was on the moors for 08.00 hrs and some of the roads were bare tarmac where the snow had blown off and then other roads were completely impassable. Yes of course I tried! The Hilux is fantastic in the snow and the Cooper AT3 are stupendous. But when the drift is higher than the bonnet, it's time to turn around.

We've had an inch or two down here in London Town I might just have to get in more supplies.

cuppa.jpg

We had around 7" of snow in the night. Very mixed conditions out there. I was on the moors for 08.00 hrs and some of the roads were bare tarmac where the snow had blown off and then other roads were completely impassable. Yes of course I tried! The Hilux is fantastic in the snow and the Cooper AT3 are stupendous. But when the drift is higher than the bonnet, it's time to turn around.

The same for us just over 8” level snowon the garden table. We’re quite high up here on top of one of the ‘Seven hills of Sheffield’ and the main roads are bad but slowly improving. Little traffic on a Sunday morning of course to help the salt.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Really? Blimey Karl. I hope you had your hat with you...

3 things that impress me there Karl - 1. the fact that you did it - 2. the size and organisation of the camp and 3. the wheel arch that has been stuck back on with gaffe tape

Nice job.

Hey Nick where were you off to this afternoon? That was us waving like loons just off the Matlock Road near Uppertown.

That definitely sorts out the men from the boys.....:thumbup:

Sure does mate. Lol.

Wow that’s an extreme testing ground for camping. How’s it holding up for you?

It was a shake down Dervis.worked well.

Brave man. Hey Karl, you’re not one of those all weather fell running types by any chance?

Nah tow pack. Those guys are wimps ;). I wouldn't fancy that. If I could run with a stove then it may be different.

Really? Blimey Karl. I hope you had your hat with you...

Sure did mate :)

3 things that impress me there Karl - 1. the fact that you did it - 2. the size and organisation of the camp and 3. the wheel arch that has been stuck back on with gaffe tape

Nice job.

Thanks nick. Always nice for a slight different camp. Adapting to different situations is all good.

Hey Nick where were you off to this afternoon? That was us waving like loons just off the Matlock Road near Uppertown.

Yeah I saw it was you but only as we drove past (I couldn't see how far into the road that snow drift extended so was concentrating on that) but did give you a beep when I realised. Did I see the wife was driving?

We were heading for a cuppa up on Beeley Moor (obvs in the truck) but needed to get out of the house, plus its always beautiful driving around the peak in the snow, plus its just bloody fun driving in snow. Some of those drifts were a good size weren't they. Nearly had a collision going down the hill into Beeley... needed a bit of right foot ABS and probably missed by cm's.....

Nice one Karl, that’s dedication that is.

And err, Holly? Did she enjoy it?

I know what Lynn would say! :eusa-snooty:

View attachment 141428
The heater element is the bit in the foreground with the two screws.
View attachment 141429
The fuel heater relay location, top left.

if it was just a case of putting the fuel heater relay in I would of done it yesterday, but mine doesn't have the connectors underneath the relay housing. the wiring looks pretty simple so its something ill look at when I get a bit of free time.

So, I've just had a look at mine and it's the same situation. Heater unit on the pump and connected but no heater relay. Diesel freezing and gelling in tanks and lines was a problem years ago but don't they put some sort of additive in these days which protects down to levels way below what we will ever get? I heard that adding paraffin was a fix in the old days but not strictly legal, probably for fuel duty reasons more than anything else. Not sure it'd be any good for the IP either.

Nice one Karl, that’s dedication that is.

And err, Holly? Did she enjoy it?

I know what Lynn would say! :eusa-snooty:

I'd planned on a lanning trip this weekend but time got the better of me last week sorting the truck. Decided on a camp due to the safety of the dogs really as its not fair for them to be thrown around with it just being an emtpty space.

Holly, err I probably wouldn't say enjoyed it. She came though so fair play to her. She always has the option to stay at home but it's always nice to spend a little time with each other.

Back