Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

The missus got funny looks over taking a stuck car uphill on the school run :lol:
That’s one of the big problems, people drive too slow and get stuck, they don’t understand the need for momentum and when you go past them to keep your speed up, they don’t half get upset!!!

WP_20180301_23_43_51_Rich.jpg
this is what a meter of snow looks like...

Up here north of Belfast its been a total bust for us, yesterday and last night it snowed everywhere around me.
Stay safe out there

IMAG1874.jpg

Cruiser will be popping out for a water run, but the Kuga is definitely staying put!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had freezing rain overnight. Road and car covered in ice. Not much in the way of snow but the most we’ve had this year. Out with 4x4 Response now taking community nurses on essential visits to patients.

A9FF0C0A-2645-49C2-9EE8-DB81C2D16ABF.jpeg

Last edited:
Most snow in 3 years and my 120 decides its not playing. Some knocking sound cv? and then serious clanging sounds going down the hill two days ago. Now parked up waiting for it to be nicer to take a look.

Down to the rwd BMW.... The fun of a slidy rear is starting to wear out now.

WFH, so crawled under the car on a board. Only thing I could find was a piece of heat shield above the exhaust was loose and knocking on the exhaust. Pushed it too one side and seems to have solved the problem.

Rear pads are a bit thin, so rose need changing, but that can hold till it's above freezing.

WFH, so crawled under the car on a board. Only thing I could find was a piece of heat shield above the exhaust was loose and knocking on the exhaust. Pushed it too one side and seems to have solved the problem.

Rear pads are a bit thin, so rose need changing, but that can hold till it's above freezing.
Mines got a hideous loose battery bouncing around kind of noise. Did it last time it was v. Cold. I can only assume its frozen mud knocking about in places I can' get to with the jet wash

Had a fair time with it here!
20180302_095255.jpg

Steep climb out of here! Haven't seen snow drifts all the way up there for a long time! Took 7 attempts to get the 81 to there! Dodgy reversing back down!
20180302_095305.jpg

Nearly at the top!
20180302_095759.jpg

At the top some drifts and quite big! You have to work with these! Or you'll get stuck!
20180302_101510.jpg

Like this! Lol. That'll take some time to get him out!
20180302_101702.jpg

Thats incredible! The same spot that I took and posted the 81 with the door open yesterday! 1.7m deep and a very long stretch of lane!
20180302_104814.jpg

About 45 mins with a shovel! That's when the fun stops and the challenge of self recovery in bitter wind!
Really need to develop a path through there as no one else will! Teleporter next!:lol::lol::thumbup:

This was near Ipstones, Staffs last night. 5-6 inches on the road and visibility was terrible. Large drifts at the sides of the road and on it (I got stuck on one :laughing: ).

20180301_193655.jpg

Got the odd wellie-deep drift, but only a dusting on most of the fields. And loads inside my roofed, doored barn! Brisk out though. Ice on the cows' backs.
cold.jpg

Mines got a hideous loose battery bouncing around kind of noise. Did it last time it was v. Cold. I can only assume its frozen mud knocking about in places I can' get to with the jet wash
Isn’t that your front ARB bouncing up and down on the axle Nick? Thought you’d have got used to that noise by now.
:whistle:

Runs and hides.

20180302_152432.jpg

Failed to climb Mt Everest. Stupidly parked on the drive this morning... There it will stay

Back