mathaus

1996 Landcruiser 80 Series VX 24 Valve Auto

4.5 Petrol/LPG

8 Seater

144K miles

6 previous owners

Good service history

MOT Jan 2019

I am selling my 80 series Landcrusier that I have owned since June 2015. Its a 1996 4.5 Petrol that has been converted to run on LPG or petrol. The truck is in good condition and has 16 Service stamps in the book and a stack of receipts including the original bill of sale for £37000. It has been used as my everyday car and for camping trips. It has all the usual VX spec features such as Full leather, heated electric front seats, Electric Sunroof, Cruise control, front, center and rear diff locks.

It was converted to dual fuel by the previous owner at 108000 miles and uses a Zavoli multi point system running Stag Management with Flash lube. The previous owner also replaced the Radiator with a new genuine Toyota part. In Sept 2016 the cylinder Head was completely rebuilt with hardened valve seats, designed especially for LPG use - See below. It has a 90 Litre LPG Tank underneath and a discrete filler point attached to the tow bar. Can be switched between petrol/LPG with a button on the dashboard.

Maintenance since I bought it in June 2015.

June 2015 – Full service, prop shaft UJ's re-greased.

July 2015 - Rear inner axle seals replaced. Rear Wheel Bearings cleaned, repacked and refitted. Changed Front/rear diff oil and Transfer case oil.

March 2016 - Rear brake pads, disks and hand brake shoes replaced.

May 2016 - Full service, prop shaft UJ's re-greased, Drivers window seal replaced.

Sept 2016 – A Valve burnt out on cylinder 6 due to valve seat recession so I had the cylinder head fully rebuilt with 24 Hardened Valve seats specifically designed for LPG Gas. New stem seals fitted and the Valves were height set and re-shimmed. Head was resurfaced and refitted with genuine head gasket and bolts, Cost £1200 before refitting with receipts to prove. All head work done by Sheffield Engine Services. I also replaced the Pesky heater Hose while the head was off (google it, its a right pain to do with the head on) New Flash lube system fitted with connections into each of the 6 inlets. Radiator flush and replaced coolant.

March 2017 - LPG system check and Service at CRD Performance Bolton.

May 2017 - Front Nearside CV joint replaced, Front brake pads replaced.

July 2017 - Full service including brake fluid change, Prop shaft UJ's re-greased. Driver window regulator and motor replaced.

Feb 2018 – Power steering pump rebuilt using genuine Toyota seal and bearing kit.

March 2018 – New exhaust rear section - Genuine Toyota. Gates replacement fan belts and Air Con belt.

Oil pump gasket, front crank shaft seal & dizzy O-ring replaced with genuine Toyota parts.

May 2019 – Both LPG Injector rails replaced by G.A.S Autos in Huddersfield

Bad Points

Rear diff lock doesn’t engage and never has while ive owned it. It’s a common fault and hasnt bothered me as Ive never needed it. (front and Center diff locks work fine) Most likely the actuator.

Air Con not cold. I had it re-gassed the 1st summer I bought it and it was cold for about a month so has a slow leak somewhere.

Split in Drivers seat leather

Will need a new front section exhaust at some point.

A dent and a few scuffs on Bumpers but it is 22 years old

The truck is in good condition, the body is very straight and it does stand out. No oil leaks and overall a well maintained truck that always starts first time every time and drives great. The tyres are BF Goodrich All Terrains with plenty of mileage left in them.

It costs £45 to fill it with 80 litres of LPG which will last 200 miles.

Located in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

£4000 ono. Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Ill post some photos up tomorrow

Damn looks like a new one.

Looks good, looking forward to seeing some more pics.

Light grey leather interior?

Good luck with the sale. Nice truck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4.5 Petrol/LPG

8 Seater

144K miles

6 previous owners

Good service history

MOT Jan 2019

I am selling my 80 series Landcrusier that I have owned since June 2015. Its a 1996 4.5 Petrol that has been converted to run on LPG or petrol. The truck is in good condition and has 16 Service stamps in the book and a stack of receipts including the original bill of sale for £37000. It has been used as my everyday car and for camping trips. It has all the usual VX spec features such as Full leather, heated electric front seats, Electric Sunroof, Cruise control, front, center and rear diff locks.

It was converted to dual fuel by the previous owner at 108000 miles and uses a Zavoli multi point system running Stag Management with Flash lube. The previous owner also replaced the Radiator with a new genuine Toyota part. In Sept 2016 the cylinder Head was completely rebuilt with hardened valve seats, designed especially for LPG use - See below. It has a 90 Litre LPG Tank underneath and a discrete filler point attached to the tow bar. Can be switched between petrol/LPG with a button on the dashboard.

July 2015 - Rear inner axle seals replaced. Rear Wheel Bearings cleaned, repacked and refitted. Changed Front/rear diff oil and Transfer case oil.

May 2016 - Full service, prop shaft UJ's re-greased, Drivers window seal replaced.

Sept 2016 – A Valve burnt out on cylinder 6 due to valve seat recession so I had the cylinder head fully rebuilt with 24 Hardened Valve seats specifically designed for LPG Gas. New stem seals fitted and the Valves were height set and re-shimmed. Head was resurfaced and refitted with genuine head gasket and bolts, Cost £1200 before refitting with receipts to prove. All head work done by Sheffield Engine Services. I also replaced the Pesky heater Hose while the head was off (google it, its a right pain to do with the head on) New Flash lube system fitted with connections into each of the 6 inlets. Radiator flush and replaced coolant.

July 2017 - Full service including brake fluid change, Prop shaft UJ's re-greased. Driver window regulator and motor replaced.

Feb 2018 – Power steering pump rebuilt using genuine Toyota seal and bearing kit.

March 2018 – New exhaust rear section - Genuine Toyota. Gates replacement fan belts and Air Con belt.

Oil pump gasket, front crank shaft seal & dizzy O-ring replaced with genuine Toyota parts.

Bad Points

Rear diff lock doesn’t engage and never has while ive owned it. It’s a common fault and hasnt bothered me as Ive never needed it. (front and Center diff locks work fine) Most likely the actuator.

Air Con not cold. I had it re-gassed the 1st summer I bought it and it was cold for about a month so has a slow leak somewhere.

The truck is in good condition, the body is very straight and it does stand out. No oil leaks and overall a well maintained truck that always starts first time every time and drives great. The tyres are BF Goodrich All Terrains with plenty of mileage left in them.

I've seen this close up and its a solid example. Good luck with the sale Matt.

4.5 Petrol/LPG

8 Seater

144K miles

6 previous owners

Good service history

MOT Jan 2019

Bad Points

Well I'm gutted! That's less than I paid for mine 3 weeks ago! Moral of the tale - should've joined this forum 4 weeks ago! Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the comments guys.

This has now provisionally sold and will be collected on friday. Ill add some photos just incase it falls through.

20180509_170112.jpg 20180509_170128.jpg 20180509_170140.jpg 20180509_170151.jpg

Back