Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sold my Truck - Bit of a wrench

Trevor

Country Flag
england
As some of you know, I had the opportunity and privilege of buying Lil' Blue, which meant I had to sell my beloved 70. After posting on eBay and other online facilities, I had a huge amount of interest, I mean HUGE.

I had the usual stupid tyre kicker sort, the "I'll ask all the right questions but when it comes down to it no money" types, then I had people who turned up to view and decided it wasn't a furkin LandRover (W Anchors).

Finally I had a response from a previous Jap owner who new exactly what they wanted, asked proper sensible questions and went through the truck with a fine toothcomb. Finally the deal was done and he turned up tonight to collect. Don't get me wrong, I love Lil' Blue in a Deliverance sort of way, but I lost my Cherry (and my Banjo) in my 70.

It was very difficult to see her driven away but delighted that the new owner knows exactly what they have bought, in fact I received a text this evening to say that they had arrived home okay and were just off out to hit some lanes. That's Cruiser dedication right there.

I would not be surprised if we have a new member joining over the next couple of days, whilst I might be mourning the loss of my 70, this weekend with Lil' Blue will get me smiling again.

Note to self, need to take a good photo of Lil' Blue in action for my profile picture, or pinch one from someone else this weekend.

Last edited:
Well done Trev :clap: Know how you feel, my heart sank as you drove Lil' Blue away from mine

Last edited:
Oddly after you bought it Tony, I just went inside and counter the money again.

Well not every day you get £10k in one pound coins is it? Why don't you come for a ride in your next car this weekend?

Chris

Oddly after you bought it Tony, I just went inside and counter the money again.

Well not every day you get £10k in one pound coins is it? Why don't you come for a ride in your next car this weekend?

Chris

I did not even have that pleasure, Trev transferred the money directly to my account... it's a modern world you know.

Thanks for the offer Chris, I may take you up on it :whistle:

Back