Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Something new on the driveway (but only two wheels this time)

I was contemplating one as a long distance road tourer. In the end I went the ZZR1400 route. For pure long distance road use it's light years ahead of the GS IMO.

:shock: Should have gone for a Goldwing methinks, light years ahead of the kwak.

Nice bike Paul, enjoy !

:shock: Should have gone for a Goldwing methinks, light years ahead of the kwak.

For sleeping on..maybe, certainly not in the riding dept. Waaayyyyyyy to slow and lardy. Only ever rode one and that was years ago before it put on about 300lbs.

Not to mention eye wateringly expensive. For £25k I'd want a fleet, not just one bike!

I had a lovely touring bike, so comfortable, crap chrome and electrics though, got all the chrome black powder coated and all the electrics replaced with Suzuki stuff mainly.
Picture taken about 1989.

6 Guzzi.jpg

Looks like an old Moto Guzzi 850 T3 there Chas? Nice ones are fetching good money these days :thumbup:

Just a few minutes ago this morning I have just waved goodbye to my old Harley.... mixed emotions really, sad to see her go :( but need to make room in the garage for the new GS. A superb example of a 95 Road King, 82,000 miles but still in fantastic condition....

i-H5T27RS-L.jpg

Gosh you chaps are making me jealous! I had a GS1000s (blue and white) that I could throw a load of vetter touring gear on with high bars if going on holiday, and then strip it all off when we got home, back to flats etc - that was a bike!
I used to have a Sportster before we came to France, but that had to go along with all our toys :( I will see if I can find a picky of the Suzi later :icon-cry:

1979_GS1000_blue_250.jpg1979_GS1000S_lefts_250.jpg

This was it standard, but with the big vetter fairing top & side boxes on, twas well comfy, ho hum, I wish I still had it! Oh those heady 1979 - 1980's :)

These are the bits, imagine them all colour coded.....
1977-Windjammer-SS-web.jpg1977-Vetter-saddlebags-web.jpg

I guess it used to take us half a day to swap from sporty to cruise mode, we had it down to a fine art :)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That was an 850 T3 Moto Guzzi California, I always hankered for a Harley but never got round to it, back in th 60's I used to live a stones throw from a Harley dealer in Fulham, can't remember the name, he used to chase me away for drooling on his showroom window. :lol:
I stopped biking in 2004 after a slight stroke impaired my balance a bit and I thought I'd better pack it in, :think: I do miss it though, every time I see or hear a bike go by I think that's me. Ah well all good things have to come to an end I suppose.
sad-021.gif

Looks like an old Moto Guzzi 850 T3 there Chas? Nice ones are fetching good money these days :thumbup:

Just a few minutes ago this morning I have just waved goodbye to my old Harley.... mixed emotions really, sad to see her go :( but need to make room in the garage for the new GS. A superb example of a 95 Road King, 82,000 miles but still in fantastic condition...

Not a good photo OMO, but this is (a sideways view:icon-rolleyes: ) of my mate's Harley...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 54
Had quite a week of it on the GS, but after a few tweaks its going well, especially in the rain, accessories start this weekend :)

Back