Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spring Seat Sub-Assembly help

Sag

Hi all,
I'm swapping my suspension and my rear spring sub assembly ( the rubber cone what goes inside the rear spring) is sat on top of my rear axle as split,is this really needed as seen some photos of people's suspension and they don't have them,I'm looking at getting the rougtrax rancho 2" lift shocks and springs if this helps.
many thanks
Shaun.

The swb have the bump stops on the axle instead of inside the spring , the lwb is as you say cone inside spring . Most say you should extend bumstops when you lift but I didn't and I've been fine for 2 years . That said i'm sure you've read I recently bust a shock during a bit of tomfoolery which didn't really surprise me as the suspension on my truck is very old but she's dealt with much worse no bother . I now know I have lost a bumstop , perhaps shortly before the shock bust so err yeah get a new cone !

if offroading and working out the suspension, you want them in to stop the shocks bottoming out.

Cheers for the info,looks like it's a dealer part nice.

I bought a pair of those to fit in Lil Blue. They were dealer only. Couldn't find any kind of copy part. They weren't cheap. I recall them being something like £129 after discount.

I have a feeling they are sold in pairs Sag but as luck would have it I want one as well , do you intend to replace both or would you like to split the cost ?

Either way Simon Holton is our friendly mr T on here I will refrain from ordering my own until I hear back from you .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a feeling they are sold in pairs Sag but as luck would have it I want one as well , do you intend to replace both or would you like to split the cost ?

Either way Simon Holton is our friendly mr T on here I will refrain from ordering my own until I hear back from you .
hi Shayne I like the sound of that,il have a look later today at the condition of the other side,if that's fine il do that buddy.have you had any prices on theses mate as not been able to find any on the net.
Many thanks
shaun.

I will email Simon as soon as I have a list because there's a few other bits I need ok

Hi Shayne
ive just had a look and other side doesn't look that good.been speaking to Ian Rubuie and he's give me a good link.if you want to double check the part numbers I think it's the cheapest option.i can order 3 if you want and send you yours to save postage or other way round.http://www.amayama.com/cart?currency=826. image.jpg I've been quoted £68 from Toyota.
let me know what you think buddy or if you can get a better price.
thanks
Shaun.

I won't get better than that and my search is stumped because its the wrong part for my truck :think: I also want a stop for the axle which is where mine should be so go ahead and order your own and I will search the site for that . Your 230 miles from me so any saving from combined shipping will likely only end up being spent at a UK post office anyway . Thanks for the shout though :thumbup:

image.jpgHave a look here buddy that's where I found my part number the double checked at toyota.

Yes I found that myself while looking for a part number for the axle stop , unfortunately it doesn't show a number for type A and Roughtrax is wanting £91 each for them which shows amayama's price is unlikely to be beaten .

Does anyone have a part number for type A ?

DOH! :icon-rolleyes:.

I've just put all this stuff up on 'the other side' for you (should have looked in here first :lol: ).

Bob.

DOH! :icon-rolleyes:.

I've just put all this stuff up on 'the other side' for you (should have looked in here first :lol: ).

Bob.
still thanks again buddy,
you know what it's like to find stuff out,got to try them all lol

I can't find a part number for the stop on the axle which is weird as its a common fault but I don't suppose it matters I will order the coil stop as my suspension should be here tomorrow and just keep an eye on ebay until the other turns up .

I can't find a part number for the stop on the axle which is weird as its a common fault but I don't suppose it matters I will order the coil stop as my suspension should be here tomorrow and just keep an eye on ebay until the other turns up .
Is it the 48306 in the above pic as I think that's abump stop?

Don't think so Sag but maybe ,I'm only going on the pics , I didn't order anything today after all so I will just phone my local Toyota tomorrow get the part number complain about price and then order from elsewhere that's what I usually do :icon-wink:

Don't think so Sag but maybe ,I'm only going on the pics , I didn't order anything today after all so I will just phone my local Toyota tomorrow get the part number complain about price and then order from elsewhere that's what I usually do :icon-wink:
I like the way you think

Toyota informs me that it is against company policy to give out part numbers but I found Bob's post which gives me part number 48306-60130 - Bump stop Type A
and your Amayama order form gives me 4830660120 for the conical stops . So cheers folks .

New bouncy bits have arrived and I've just realised I need top strut mounting plates for the front , well I don't actually need them but the bolts were replaced with much longer ones when fitting coil spacers and I won't find out how perished the rubber is until it's all apart so it makes sense to replace them regardless .

Maybe not Amayama describe the type A bumpstop part number as bushes :? .

Back