Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spring stretch mod

silvercruiser

Hello i have used the search button but im not really sure what words to put in for it.
im sure i have read somewhere that you get a slight rattle near the glove box end and all you do is take some spring out from under the engine bay that is on the brake system :?: and stretch it and the rattle goes away :thumbup:

Could some kind person please point me in the right direction :D

Joe

Its a whine/drone that comes from the passenger footwell.
The fix is to undo the return banjo on the fuel pump and stretch the spring very slightly to allow the valve to seat properly.
Theres no rattle involved.

Oh OK maybe not my problem then.

i have a rattle on tick over and its sounds like the sound of the two metal pipes just touching each over and goes once the revs pick up
and i was hoping it was this. I have been under the car to check all pipes etc even with it running and cannot find it anywhere it has always done it since ive had the car so i was hoping this was it

Oh well keep trying to trace it or turn the stereo up :lol:

thanks for pointing me in the right direction :thumbup:

Joe

I have the same thing and had just assumed that it had come about due to me having the glove box out and all of the heater tubes in search of the illusive O/S reversing light wiring and something not going back as it should've :think: I remember the fuel banjo rattle mod thingy, hadn't even given it a thought. Can't hurt just to do it anyways to see if it sorts the rattle as from what I can remember of it, it's not a big complex job :) You first, let me know how you get on :D :thumbup: ;)

What condition are the airbox clamps like? If they are faulty there can be a rattle from the lid.
Mine was missing a clip so I used a bungy to secure the lid.

I have a rattle coming from my glovebox area - sounds like a loose washer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mmmmm...........the plot thickens :shifty: :think: :)

I had that same rattle, and it turned out to be the air filter lid, which I did not put back probably.

My clips are all good on the airbox. :thumbup:

For what it takes im going to do the spring stretch as its only a five minute job and if it works :pray: then great if not at least i can rule it out

all you need is 17mm spanner to hold below and 14mm to take it off

il let you know how i get on.

Joe

Right for all those thinking about this mod get out there and do it! My rattle has now stopped :thumbup: i had a bit of time before my docs appointment today it really does take five mins and that includes getting the spanners and putting them away.

bloody lovely i really like my car now :dance:

Joe

Been living with the rattle/noise from the glove box area for some time now, so got it done this weekend :D Took all of 5min as previously suggested :roll: :lol:

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

I've posted this photo so you can see just how little spill there is while doing this job, not half a thimble full :)

IMG_1489.jpg

I dont have a rattle, but that looks so simple, I might do it anyway.......... :D

:icon-biggrin:

Just got back from 5 days laning in France, ran really well.

Back